12- Coach Journeys

/////

{Arden's POV}

"Have you got everything?" My Mom asks, as I get out of the car and grab my suitcase from the trunk.
"Mom for the fiftieth time, I have." I laugh.
"I just worry sweetheart, I don't want to make you late so I hope you have the most amazing time, and please be safe, I don't want you getting injured."
"I promise I'll be fine, I love you and I'll see you next week." I grin, waving.
"I love you too." She waves back before she drives off.

I see a group of about twenty people waiting outside the coach, all being registered. I hurry over and I see Mia already there.
"Today is the day my friend." Mia gleemed, throwing her arms around me for a hug.
"A week of skiing, campfires and not being at school? Couldn't be more excited my pal." I joke.

"Okay, all of you are here and signed in, so if you could all make your way into the coach we'll be leaving shortly." Miss Westbrook announces.

I look around to see if Shawn was here yet, but he wasn't anywhere to be seen. Perhaps he's already on the coach.

"I call the window seat." Mia announces, rushing towards the back.
"I want it when we come back." I say in response, sitting next to her.

For a few minutes, more people got onto the coach, quickly filling up all the seats, yet Shawn was still nowhere to be seen. At this moment, I panicked, just in case he changed his mind-

"Oh my God Arden." Mia says. I look at her promptly, her face was shocked. She was staring at the front of the coach, where Shawn got on.

"Okay Mia please don't say-"

"That's Sha-" She whisper-screams.
"Mia I can explain." I say under my breath, not wanting a single soul to hear what I'm about to say.

She doesn't say anything back, but she stops looking towards Shawn but at me.

"Okay when I told you about that night, we both thought that he was a singer right?"
"Right." She agrees.

"Well I told you at lunch, before my first music class of the year. And, and when I walked in, I saw Mr Mendes, he's my teacher... and piano teacher." I confess with my head in my hands.

"Arden why didn't you tell me?" I look up at her and Mia's face look defeated.
"I'm so sorry Mia, it's not that I don't trust you, I guess it's because I don't want the fact of him being my freaking teacher to become a reality, and telling you, it would be."
"What do you mean?" She asks.

"Well it's clear that what happened should never be spoken of, like he could lose his job, but recently I don't know. We've been spending a lot of time together and I guess I'm slowly falling for him." I admit.

"Arden don't worry, I promise that I'll keep this a secret." She smiles, whilst giving me a short hug. "What are you going to do about it?"
"I have no clue. He's made it clear that he has no feelings for me in that way, and even if he did, he'd never jeopardize his career for me. So there's not a lot I can do." I say, realizing that I'll never be somebody to him.

"Well with whatever happens, you know that I'm here for you."
"Mia I love you so much." I reply.
"Feeling's mutual." She giggles.

"Okay so any moment now we'll be leaving, the journey should only take about three hours, but we'll be stopping off halfway so that will give you a chance to grab some food and use the restroom if you have to." Shawn annouces.

Mia nudges me as a joke, "That's your man." She then whispers.
"You really need to shut up." I laugh.

----------------

For the first half of the journey, Mia and I chatted for a little bit before we both watched thirteen reasons why on her iPad.

"Okay guys, we've pulled up at the service station, I'll be staying on the bus, so you can stay if you would like to, but we have twenty minutes here, so make the most of the time." Miss Westbrook says.

"If I give you five dollars, can you grab me a diet soda?" Mia asks.
"What's wrong with you coming with me?" I raise my brow.
"I'm extremely lazy."
"You go jogging everyday so that's bullshit, pleaseee?"
"No, you go and talk to Mr Mendes if you get lonely." She whispers and smirks.
"I really hate you." I laugh.

"No you don't, now hurry up and get to your man before he walks off." Mia laughs.

I do as she says as I definitely want to talk to him because I don't know how much of a chance I'll get to when we're there.

"Oh hey Arden!" Shawn says happily as I walk up next to him. "You getting a bite to eat?"
"I'm just going to get Mia and I some drinks." I reply.
"I'm craving a burger so bad it's a joke." He laughs.
"I'm a vegan so I can't relate."
"What? I always feel bad if I mention meat to a vegan or-"
I cut him off, "Mr Mendes it's a joke." I chuckle. "I couldn't be vegan if it meant giving up chicken."
"I'm the worst at acknowledging jokes, you should know this by now." Shawn then chuckles. "But um, with Mia-" He lowers his voice.

"She worked it out but she assured me she's not going to tell anyone, and I believe her." I reply.
"Well that's a good thing, have the both of you found the journey not too boring I hope?" He asks.
"We've just been watching shows and chatting, what about you?"
"Well the only person I can talk to is Miss Westbrook, so we chatted and other than that I've just been listening to my music." Shawn says, as he holds open the door for me as we walk inside the service station.
"What's on your travel playlist then?" I question.

"Well there's a few songs from Ed Sheeran, like Castle on the Hill, Give Me Love and Bloodstream. I also have some John Mayer and Hunter Hayes."
"I like the fact you aren't the type of person that only listens to one genre, it's nice."
"I really don't pay attention to what type it is, if I like it, then I like it." He smiles. "What on your typical playlist then?"
"I have a great mix. Some artists including Vance Joy, Alessia Cara, oh and I have this song called I Like Me Better by this guy called Lauv that I'm obsessed with."
"I'll have to check that out then." He responds. "Hey Arden, I have to go to the restroom quick, but I'm sure we'll talk more later on."

"Catch you around Mr Mendes." I smile, before he leaves.

I go to Mcdonalds and get Mia and I a diet soda before I go back to the coach. Although, I couldn't help but feel like this trip was going to be interesting...