25 - Prom Pt.2

{Arden's POV}

Mia and I continue to dance the night away. Even though my mind was wishing Shawn was here with me, knowing that he is in the same room is good enough for now.

Mia and I danced for a while before we got hot and went outside to cool down.
"If I'm being honest I thought this was going to be pretty boring," I admit, chuckling.
"You had no faith, my friend, anything can happen on prom night." She replies.
"It seems so, have you seen Daniel?"
"Yeah, he came in with Ethan and Troy, when you went to the bathroom. But I don't know whether I should talk to him." Mia sighs, leaning back on the brick wall.
"Maybe you should just get everything off your chest, but it's your choice," I say.
"I'll think about it, shall we go back and dance."
"But of course." I giggle.

Mia and I grab a cocktail from the table and quickly return to the dance floor.

We danced away for about an hour, before the DJ shouted, "Now a slow one for all of you couples out there, this is The Night We Met."

"Arden, do you mind if I steal Mia?" Daniel says, sneaking up on us.

Mia didn't react but I know she would want to go with him.
"Yeah, that's fine." I nod my head, smiling at her.

He takes her away and the song starts, I look around to see everyone else slowly dancing with one another.
"Hey Arden, would you want to dance?" Troy asks, approaching me.
"I'm sorry Troy I think I'm going to sit this one out," I reply.
"Oh no, that's fine." He returns, before turning around and walking away to find another girl.
I go over to the chairs by the side of the gymnasium and sit down, fiddling with my bracelet.

I could see Mia and Daniel smiling away, as much as he didn't treat her right, there was no denying he didn't make her happy.

"How come you're sitting alone? I would've thought all the guys would want to be dancing with you." Shawn says under the music, sitting down on the chair next to me.
"Like I would want to dance with another guy who isn't you," I say, looking at Shawn. "It's just moments like these where I wish you could just slow dance with me, with my head on your chest, having no worries in the world. And it kills me to know we can't." My eyes start to fill with tears.
"Please don't cry Arden, one day, I promise you, we will slow dance with your head on my chest and we both won't have any worries. That day will be so soon." Shawn says, with his eyes looking sincere. "God I wish I could just hold you right now."
"Me too." I pause. "What are we going to do?"
"I'm going to get up in a second, in a minute you get up too and meet me in the hallway outside my classroom." He says, before standing up and walking away.

I do as he says and wait a few moments before I get up and leave through the main doors to head to that hallway.

It was a fair walk away, especially in heels, but I soon approached. I made sure no one else was around, but everyone was in the gym, and the corridors were empty.

"There you are." Shawn smiles, as he puts his hands around me. I didn't have a chance to reply, as he had already pressed his lips to mine.
"You can still hear the music from here," I whisper.
"Arden Rose, may I have this dance?" Shawn asks, stepping back and offering his hand towards me.
I nod and take his hand, as I lean against his hard chest, whilst his hands move down onto my hips.
"You have my heart. You have all of me." I say quietly, with no expectation of him hearing me.
"I want you, Arden. I want all of you, forever, you and me, every day." Shawn whispers.
"I know we've talked about this before, but Shawn I don't care, I just want to be close to you," I say, looking up at him.
He strokes my hair as he says, "Arden, what if someone found out that we-"
"And they won't, I promise I will not even tell Mia, she doesn't even know we are a thing," I reply.
"Let's do it then." He finally smiles.
"But not here, I'm not doing this with you in school." I laugh.
"Where should we go?"