19 - Butterflies

/////

{Arden's POV}

It was an awkward conversation with Ethan when I told him how I really felt, and that I could never return the feelings he has for me. Although after this, he became bitter and he left my house straight after. I knew this was never going to be a pleasant conversation, and I guess maybe one day he'll forgive me for hurting him.

It was a long few weeks at school, before it was the last day before we broke up for Christmas. Nothing particularly happened with Shawn, he kept his distance, which I put down to him wanting to focus on Miss Westbrook. And of course this hurt every single day, but there was nothing I could do about it.
Although, we arranged yesterday that we'd have a piano lesson tonight.

The day went surprisingly quick, and before I knew it, the last bell of the day rang.
Mia came back to my house for a while, as it was the last chance we were going to see each other because she was spending Christmas with her family in Maine.

"I'll grab the snacks from the kitchen, can you put spotify on in my room?" I ask Mia, as we walk into my house. We would have stayed in the lounge but my brother was playing on the playstation.

I get some Cheetos out of the cupboard and I join Mia upstairs, I heard that she put on Drake, which I was pumped about.

"Oh I forgot to ask, what's going on with Daniel, I saw you two talking a lot by your locker." I sat, sitting on the edge of my bed.

Mia was sat by my makeup vanity brushing her hair. "I don't even know myself to be honest. Like I like him, and I'm pretty sure he feels the same. But he's such a player Arden."
"I feel like sometimes you've just got to take the chance, you don't know what he'll be like when it comes to you. It's so clear he's obsessed with you." I chuckle. "Go for it."

"I might, I might try and meet up with him when I come back from Maine." She pauses. "I've seen that Ethan is ignoring you."
"Understatement of the year. I think he hates me." I groan.
"He'll get over it, have you spoken to Mr Mendes a lot?"

"Not much, he isn't making a lot of conversation in class, but that's because of Miss Westbrook probably. But I'm going to his house later for a piano lesson."

"Are you going to ask him about her?" Mia asks.

"I don't know if I want too. I don't want to hear about the fact he's happier with her and that he could even love her. I mean, I couldn't even date Ethan because I'm still so caught up on Shawn."

"Do you think that you love him?" Mia says seriously.

"I mean, I've felt the butterflies in my stomach and I've met guys who made my heart race. But none of that felt like love. But with Shawn, I always have this burning desire, an "I need you now" feeling. No one else apart from him has kept me up all night thinking and wishing I could see them. And it pisses me off because Shawn's constantly in my head, like an annoying song stuck on repeat that you try to get out of your mind but you can't. And when we're together I'm insanely happy. And I say insanely happy because it's just so much happiness that it almost drives me insane thinking about it." I pause. "So yeah, I do love him."

"I feel like Shawn would rather be with you in a heartbeat. So tonight Arden, don't let fear stop you and if you have something to say, say it. Stop hiding your feelings from him." She smiles.

{A/n i know this is a semi-short chapter but i promise the next one will be a lot longer! don't forget to vote!}