5- First Day

/////

{Arden''s POV}

My alarm went off promptly. Making me aware that it was time I had to get up and get ready for my first day of senior year.

It was six thirty in the morning and I felt like death.

Before I do anything else I have an extremely quick shower.

I planned my outfit last night, I thought that I should look semi-decent on my first day. I chose to wear some black ripped skinny jeans with a light beige jumper, paired with my grey Nike trainers.

I woke up half an hour earlier so I had plenty of time to do my makeup and hair. I put this glittery champagne coloured eye-shadow all over my eyelid and I even put lip gloss on for the first time in forever.

I grab my back pack from the corner of my room, before I head downstairs to make breakfast.

However my Mom beat me to it.

"Mom you're awake early?" I ask, surprised.

"I just thought considering it's your first day, I should spoil you and make your favourite... Pancakes!" She glees, as she passes me a plate.
"Mom you really didn't have to!" I chuckle. "But thank you, they smell delicious."
"And I'll also give you a lift." She adds, as she takes a sip of coffee.
"You don't have to! Mom I'm being serious, I'm 18 in a few months."

"I know, I know but you'll always be my little girl. I mean, obviously you have your younger brother, but it's not the same."
"Mom I can hear you!" My brother Cayden says, as he rushes down the stairs.

"Cayden, have a wonderful first day of sophmore year!" She tries to make it up to him with passing him a plate of the pancakes.
He hesitates before he accepts the plate. Us three then say at the table eating away.

It's always been just the three, well ever since our dad left us 6 years ago with no explanation. But we got on, really well actually.

My Mom works as a real estate agent, and my brother is two years younger than mean, although we're actually quite close.

For example, he has a girlfriend, but he hasn't told Mom yet because she goes over the top with everything. Despite that, he told me because we're more like friends than siblings. Which is nice I get. But I didn't dare tell him about Shawn, I can't risk him telling my Mom. Especially considering I think he was about twenty five and I'm seventeen.

"Mom, I'm going to walk to school, see you tonight." I announce, as I get up and give her a quick hug.
"See you honey." She replies.

I leave promptly, and straight away I pull out my phone and earphones. I put on my current playlist, and the first track was Shape Of You.

I hum to myself as I embark on my journey.

//////

"Mia!" I exclaim as soon as I see her by her locker, which was ever so conveniently right next to mine.

I haven't seen her since the concert so I guess we had a lot to catch up on.

"Arden! Gosh it feels like forever since I saw you." She says, shutting her locker.

"Its been just over a week." I laugh. "What's your first ever lesson of our last year?" I ask, pretending to make it a big deal.
"English Lit first." She moans.

"So have I! At least we're in at least one lesson together." I say, giddily.

"The bell is about to go, do you want to start to walk?" Mia asks.
"Sure." I reply with a smile.