ix. "beautiful"

PSYCHE GROGGILY SAT DOWN ON one of the stools in the kitchen beside Harrison and Tom, awaiting for the breakfast that her mother had done for them. It was 8 am but she was still sleepy since she only had about two hours of sleep. It's always been hard for her to fall asleep when everyone she was with had already slept before her.

It had been her problem since she was a little girl, that's why she had always stayed in her sister's bedroom almost every night because she didn't like sleeping alone. When she grew up, she kind of grew out of sleeping in her sister's bedroom and slept at her own, but she still had trouble sleeping, even if she was sleepy as hell.

"You okay, Penny?" Her mother asked as she placed the plate in front of her, which was her breakfast.

"Yeah," she responded before yawning, "yeah, yeah, I'm okay."

"Do you want coffee or hot chocolate?" Tom asked beside her, so she turned to look at him and raised her right brow. Tom, of course, knew what her choice was, but he was just making sure. "Right, hot choco, of course," he mumbled before standing up and heading towards where the mugs were, taking Psyche's favorite mug, which was a Spider-Man mug, given to her by Harrison as a joke for her birthday the year before, but she actually loved it since it reminded her of her best friend, Tom.

"So, where are you all going today?" Her mother asked, sitting down on one of the stools across her daughter.

"Don't know," Psyche mumbled, "Probably anywhere they want," she added.

Tom placed down Psyche's hot chocolate in front of her, also placing down a coffee for Amara, Psyche's mother, making the woman smile at the boy's action.

"Thank you, Thomas. You didn't really have to," she thanked, taking the mug  and sipping from it. It was perfect, the boy already knowing what kind of coffee she liked. The amount of times that Tom had spent in her house for the past two years whenever he was in LA had already made him know almost everything about Psyche's family, and same goes with Psyche when she goes to Tom's hometown. She doesn't even bother staying at the hotel room given to her when on tour sometimes because she just sleeps over at the Hollands. Tom and Psyche were already a part of each other's families, even if they only met two years ago.

"It's all right, Amara. Take that as a thank you for never getting tired of Harrison and I," Tom said, Amara smiling at the boy's words.

Tom smiled back at her before turning his attention attention to Psyche, "You sure you can go out today? We can just stay in if you want?" He asked, completely worried about the girl who obviously didn't have an appetite due to her lack of sleep.

"No, no, it's fine. You two are already leaving tomorrow, and I don't want the two of you coming here in LA just to end up staying over at my house the whole time, okay?" She assured the boy, smiling sweetly at him, "and besides, I already called Natasha to join us."

"Doesn't she have, like, a crush on me?" Harrison asked, not really meaning to sound conceited, but he did, which made Tom snicker. "I'm not being conceited, it's just that she had shown interest when I completely haven't. Are you sure we should invite her?"

"Why not? Maybe you'll grow into liking her when you actually hang out with her," Psyche shrugged, "and besides, Natasha had been wanting to know you better for a year now, Haz. Give the girl a chance," she said before taking a sip of her hot chocolate, made for her by her best friend, Tom Holland.