xxxix. "why would you say that?"

PSYCHE WALKED INSIDE HER HOUSE, looking for her cousin that was lying down on the couch while a film was playing on the TV, but not even bothering to watch it.

"Hey, Penny," the girl greeted, her attention on her phone, "how was... I don't know where you went. How was your day?" She asked.

"Why the hell would you say that?" Psyche asked as she walked towards Clementine, the girl sitting up to look at her.

"Say what?" Clementine asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"The tweet you tweeted!"

"Oh, that!" Clementine said, "why? I deleted it afterwards, and it is true, right? You always do that to the family of the boys you like," she shrugged.

"No, I do not," Psyche argued, "and just because Daniel's family preferred me more than you, doesn't mean that I always try to suck up to the family of people I like," she added, immediately regretting what she just said as soon as she saw her cousin's mood change.

"Excuse me?" Clementine reacted as she stood up from the couch, "what are you trying to say, Penelope?" She asked, crossing her arms and tilting her head slightly to the side.

Psyche sighed, "I'm sorry, Clem," she apologized, "I shouldn't have said that," she mumbled.

"Yeah, you shouldn't have," Clementine agreed before rolling her eyes and turning around to walk towards the kitchen, leaving Psyche standing in the living room.

Psyche followed Clementine to the kitchen, "Hey, I'm sorry. I know how sensitive the Daniel topic is, I shouldn't have said that to you," she apologized once again, and Clementine turned to look at her, smiling weakly at the girl.

"Okay," she said before hugging Psyche who then smiled at the interaction. She missed having her cousin around, she'd do anything to have their old relationship back.

Arden watched the two with crossed arms, shaking her head at her sister's actions. She saw how awful their fight turned out a few years ago, and she's worried that it's going to turn out the same again.

who's daniel?
what happened a few years ago?
dun dun dun

ok i kno this is kinda weird like why tf did that just happen wtf is that but like
🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
heh.