Khushi

Khushi

Garima Gupta was on phone talking to her elder sister.

"Yes Jiji I know, but I'm not worried for Payal she is beautiful and anybody will happily marry her, its Khushi I'm worried for her. I know she is still young but Jiji she is fat who will marry her."

_____________________________________________

"Hmm only parents with girls will understand this burden, Jiji."

_____________________________________________

"Yes you are right; many proposals are coming for Payal. but I'm not worried for Payal, Jiji. Khushi she is 21 but she looks elder to Payal not by face, but her body. Nowadays all want perfect shape girl."

_____________________________________________

"It's all in hand of God."

___________________________________________

"Ok Jiji I shall keep the call, I will call you later." Saying she hang up her phone

Khushi who overheard the conversation of her mother with her bua was hurt with her their talk but this was common for her. Wiping her tears and plastering a wide smile, she walked towards her mother.

"Amma! I got my results, I'm finally graduated." saying this she hugged her mother "I scored 97%, first position, Amma!"

Hugging her back Garima said, "That's so wonderful beta, congratulations. It was Payal's result day too, right? What happened about her?"

Coming out of hug, "I don't know Mamma, she went outside."

"OK what you thought next Khushi."

"I'm planning to do my master Mamma."

"Do anything Khushi, no one will stop but don't sit in home or else you will become fatter."

"Hmm," trying to hold the smile "I know Mamma. I am planning to do masters in entrepreneurship business. Most probably, my collage will start next month. Till then I will join gym here."

"This is good Khushi, go to gym daily don't miss it. It will be good for you and you also make you look like yours Jiji, okay?"

Nodding her head Khushi replied, "Yes Mamma."

"Mom! Mom!" Payal was shouting for her mother and found her with Khushi. "Mom, guess what, now I have 2 degrees in hand. I cleared my masters with 51%." Saying this she hugged her mother.

"Wow, I knew you will clear it. It is celebration time. Tell me what you want to eat Payal, I will cook for you," saying this she caressed her face.

"All my favorite dishes, Mom. By the way Khushi what is yours result?"

"97%, Jiji and Congratulations." saying this she moved forward to hug Payal but avoiding the hug Payal told "whatever. Anyways Mom, I am going to Preeti's home I will come before dinnertime. Bye" saying, she hugged her mother, gave an annoyed look to Khushi, and walked out.

"Khushi can you go to market and get me some fresh pannier for dinner?" Khushi gave a nod to her mother with same plastered smile and walked towards her room controlling her tears.

The moment she closed her room door she rushed towards washroom. Splashing water on face, she looked at herself in mirror, with a sad smile and tears in eyes. She spoke looking at herself, "why it is me? Did I not try? I stopped eating non-veg too then why my body weight still is not reducing. Why I'm always compared to Jiji?" Khushi stared at herself in the mirror for some more time. After a few minutes she again washed her face until she look fresh, faked a good smile, walked out, and made her way to market.

____________________________________________

Few days later

Dining Hall- Gupta House

All were having dinner silently. When Khushi spoke, "Umm, huh Dad" she said gaining everyone attention towards her, "I want to do my masters in Mumbai. The university is one of the best of Asia."

"Khushi I don't want you to go there alone." her mother said.

"Mom Dad I know it's far but I want to do my masters there and its one of the best collages here. I selected this one because it's near us plus in India as you all rejected my scholarship admission in London University so I decided on this one," she told stating the facts.

"You really wish to do yours masters in London University ". Her Dad asked her.

"I really wish to do Dad and I got there free admission and this will be easy for you all too"

"Money is not important Khushi, you know that right even Payal did her master in top collage In Indian. You can do yours masters any were but London is very far away and being parents we are concerned too." Her Dad spoke,

"I understand what you mean Dad but it is just 2 years."

"No, I can't allow you Khushi to stay in a different county alone. Education is not that important, okay. For now, you should focus on your weight. You need to reduce it. You are marriageable age now so being fit should be first priority then rest"

"But I promise Mom I will do both, and it will be good for you all too."

"What good are you talking about?" her mother frowned in question.

"Good where you will no longer be ashamed of me being fat. You use to feel sad, right Mom, whenever you use to take me to relatives home so if I go there you won't be embarrassed," she said telling them the truth because she knew this is right moment for her to stand up for herself.

"If you wish to study in London then you will be studying no one will stop you Khushi but you have to be careful in all this and I trust you more than myself." Her father assured her keeping his hand on her head. Khushi smiled at him but turned to look at his sister when she spoke.

"Khushi is right; you better go, because I feel ashamed by tagging you as my sister," her words were as usual ignored by their parents.

"...But Shashi."

"No Garima, equality will be for both or else it will be injustice for Khushi. Now no more argument on this topic and Khushi, give all details to Mohan. (His personal assistant) He will look after your admission processing. Okay?"

"Thanks Dad" saying this Khushi gave him side hug.

"When is yours collage going to start?"

"Next month."

"Then you will be here, that's good. Whole family will be here. There is a proposal from Raizadas for Payal."

"Raizadas will definitely like Payal and that boy he himself is a model and they have a big name too. They are big industrialist in India and overseas." Garima said dreaming about her daughter marriage.

Payal who went silent at the talk of her marriage proposal was blushing because Arnav Singh Raizada was dream for every girl.

"They are here to see her not for fixing the marriage, so relax Garima "

"Hmm whatever it is, Payal is beautiful and has perfect personality which will match the Raizadas status"

Khushi was happy for her sister. She did not bother to show her happiness because her sister does not like her interfering in her personal life but she was beaming of happiness because her family allowed her to go London for her masters. What more did she need "just 1 more month Khushi," she muttered to herself and concentrated her on food. Although she is a foodie but because of her Mom taunts, she gets sacred to even eat in her own house but today keeping aside her worries she enjoyed her dinner. She had planned what she needs to do in those 2 years in London.