Episode 3: Part 2: Houston, We Java Problem

Previously on The Final Countdown...

Our friends have woken up in a spacebound yurt, with a busted motor and a need for Java. 

Or, as some would like to call it, a typical Saturday.

"Need any help back there?"

Ronnie had finally managed to figure out moving around in anti-gravity, apart from stopping before she smashed into a wall. Fancypants was digging around in the yurt's bowels, and a colourful stream of curse words flowed from his general direction.

"No! I've got a system back here!" Fancypants roared, before unleashing a series of F-bombs and rude words for body parts.

"Better just leave him back there." Venti Chai was having far more luck with jetting around the zero gravity environment. She'd already reattached Ronnie's chair, and was now getting to work on repairing the Ronnie-shaped holes in the yurt's walls. "He's a class-A tool when he loses stuff."

"I'd say he's a class-A tool all the time, but you know him better," Ronnie said. She careened off another wall and sailed off aimlessly in the opposite direction.

"EUREKA!" 

A shriek that sounded an awful lot like Fancypants erupted from the previously mentioned bowels. 

"Did he just say eureka?" Ronnie asked, a disgusted sneer contorting her face until she was almost unrecognizable.

Venti Chai just nodded. "Just be happy he hasn't started singing his 'I Am A Genius' song."

Her head dropped as a very distinct vocal warmup began in those accursed bowels.

I am a genius

No one's smarter than me

My brain is the biggest

Pi backwards is 41.3...

I made a spaceship

Out of a Mongolian tent

The last time I got something wrong

They cancelled Lent

He floated into the room carrying a big box. His song went on for six more verses of dubious quality, while Ronnie's fists clenched so tight her fingers threatened to punch through her palms out the back of her hands. 

"Check it out!" Captain Fancypants cheered. "I found Java!"

He thrust the box into Venti's arms. 

She frowned so hard her collarbones sagged. "This is our old coffeemaker!" 

Fancypants's eyebrows waggled mischievously. "Is it?"

____________________________________________