Episode 4: Part 2: Double Shot of Espresso

Previously on The Final Countdown...

T'Iguidou, an alien being of untold beauty and unfathomable impressiveness, has rendered dear Ronnie useless.

Venti and Fancypants are stuck, their options down to zero.

"Well, the fun continues." Venti ducked back into the yurt, barrel-rolled and slammed the door shut, narrowly avoiding a heaping helping of Brown Note. "Ronnie's down!"

"I knew yoga fu wouldn't work!" Fancypants looked like he was one more crappy thing happening from bursting into tears. "I don't think any kind of fu could take these guys down! Did you see that main one? She's terrifying!"

"She's not terrifying, we just-"

"How can you say that?" Fancypants leapt to his feet. He held up his hands in protest. "Look at my nails! I only chew them when I'm terrified! She's terrifying!"

"Captain, you just need-"

"No, Venti, you just need to accept that this might be it for us!" Fancypants paced back and forth, crouched down to avoid being seen at the window. "It's only a matter of time before they knock down the door and blast us with that shit gun...and you're going to sit there telling me she's not terrifying?! How can you be so calm at a time like this? We're doomed! We're more doomed than we were when Earth was about to blow up! We're the most doomed anyone's ever been! DOOMED! DOOMED, I TELL YOU, DOOMED! I DON'T THINK -"

Venti wound up and slapped Fancypants right across the face. He stared at her, shock livid across his face for a split second, before he held his cheek and slowly nodded. 

"Thank you, Venti." Fancypants breathed deeply. "What do we do?"

A meow - yes, a meow - from the far corner of the yurt drew their collective attention. A robotic cat, complete with a gap in its midsection where what looked suspiciously like an espresso shot now dwelt, curled its way into the room and rubbed against Venti's legs.

"Java?!" Venti bent down and rubbed the cat behind the ears.

"Not any more." The cat lifted a paw and unsheathed a set of Wolverine-esque claws. "You can call me Espresso."

________________________________________