WHAT!//Chapter 10

Nico's POV

"Not so fast, Mr di Angelo." A voice called out from behind me.

I slowly turned around, focusing on the source of the voice.

"Oh come on Al, I thought we were on first name basis by now." I exclaimed, a tinge of amusement in my voice.

I heard a collective gasp behind me. I smirked at their reaction.

Al chuckled. "You're right, Nico. Now, it's time for you to redeem your favor. Come up here."

I sauntered up to where the other teachers were sitting. I heard murmuring behind me, the other students wondering what the heck was going on. To be honest, I have no idea what Al is going to have me do.

I reached where Al was, and stood next to him.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome your new Defense Against the Dark Art teacher, Nico di Angelo!"

"WHAT!" I yelled, along with many other people.

All of a sudden, the Hall out broke into chaos.
"SILENCE!" Al called out.

Immediately, everyone quieted down.

"Yes, Nico here is your new DADA teacher. He will also be in the redo 7th year group. " He told them.

I snorted. Al gave me a look.

"Really Al? You're having me teach Defense Against the Dark Arts? I am the Dark Arts!" I huffed.

Al burst out laughing, along with the rest of the demigods in the hall. The other wizards and witches looked around bewildered, confused on what was happening.

Al continued. "Also, for the first half of the year, we will be welcoming back Professor Umbridge, to teach Potions. You will have your original Potions master back on the 1st of January."

Suddenly, a woman dressed in a disgusting amount of pink stood up.

"Hem, hem." She started.

I groaned. The rest of the Hall sighed, as if they knew this would happen.

"It's so very nice to see you again! If you do not know me, I am Professor Umbridge. I'm here to make sure that everything is being taught correctly here at Hogwarts."

After this, I zoned out.  I was tempted to play on my phone, but I figured it probably wouldn't be appropriate. I glanced at Minerva, and she looked like she was going to blow. Al, however had a mask of interest on his face. That is, until he saw me looking at him and he made a face. It took all of my will power to control my laughter.

I decided to see if there was any interesting souls in the castle. To my surprise, there were over 50 unregistered ghosts. I would have to fix that later. I also tapped into my knowledge on Defense Against the Dark Arts. Apparently, Remus used to teach it, but got 'fired' for being a werewolf. Interesting.

Finally, the pink toad was done. The entire hall sighed in relief. I looked at Al, and he went up to continue his announcements.

"We will be having a ball this year, in celebration of the defeat of Voldemort. It will happen the day before summer break. Some new rules have been put in place, and you will do well to follow them. Also, all redo 7th– you know what we are just going to call you 8th years. All 8th years will be put together in their own common room and dorms, since there are not a lot of you. All 8th year classes will be combined as well. Welcome, everyone! And enjoy the feast." Al finished, and food appeared.