The Aftermath//Chapter 21

Nico's POV

Finally, I am done with stupid bed rest. Remus taught the students a lot while I was out, but now it's time for him to leave. I'm going to miss having him around, but I know I'll be seeing a lot more of him in the future.

Speaking of people I'll be seeing a lot more of, I cannot believe that Will is going to be at Hogwarts with me. This is going to be very interesting.

"What are you thinking about, Sunshine?" A voice interrupted my thoughts.

"Hm? Oh! Nothing, um just thinking about how it's going to be different around here now."

"I can only imagine. By the way, Remus said he is going to stop by soon before he leaves to say goodbye, since I need to check you over before you can be officially done with bed rest and leave the infirmary."

I groaned. Really, more check ups. I voiced my opinion, but Solace just chuckled. I threw my pillow at him and crossed my arms, pouting.

"Hey, I know you don't like it, but I'm worried about you. I want to make sure everything is alright before I release from my care," he softly kissed the pout off my lips. "Besides, it's only natural for me to worry about my fiancé."

I tensed slightly at his words. Oh bloody hell. I hadn't told Will about the whole keeping us a secret thing. Welp, guess now is as good a time as ever. Also, when did I start thinking in British?

"Neeks, why'd you freeze up on me?" Will suddenly sounded nervous, as if he said something wrong.

"Um, well..."

Dam this is harder than I thought

"My dad kinda told me that we should keep our whole relationship secret from everyone here unless we know for sure we can trust them, because there are intolerant people amongst us." I sped out, chewing at my bottom lip and looking at my lap.

Will let out a sigh of relief, and sat next to me on the bed.

"Sunshine, you had me scared for a second. I thought something serious was going on. I'm down to do whatever you think is best." He wrapped an arm around me in a side hug.

Suddenly, the door to the infirmary opened up.

"Nico, I hope you are doing well! It's time for me to head off, but I've really enjoyed this week. Call me if you ever want me to come help out again or if you just want to chat. I'll see you around." Remus addressed me, and gave Will a slight nod, before exiting the room with a wave.

We looked at each other

"Well, that was interesting."

I snorted, and then covered my mouth. Will started laughing and I joined in. We stayed like that for a good five minutes, before sobering up.

"Alright, it's time for your final check up. Lay down and let me get to work."

I complied and let Will do his healing stuff and make sure everything was looking good.

"Everything seems to be in order. You are officially off bed rest."

I punched the air in success and scrambled to get off the bed. Will just laughed.

"Now, I believe I was promised a tour of the castle?"

————————————————————————

Will adjusted just fine to life at Hogwarts, and people barely bat an eye at the closeness of him and I. We said that we are really close friends, best friends to be exact, and everyone was none the wiser. We were sitting at breakfast with the rest of the Gryffindors when Harry approached us.