The Accidental Howler//Chapter 17

Nico's POV

It was November 3, the day of Siri's birthday. I had Star's present picked out already. I got him an expensive pranking kit, a broom polishing kit that included a detailed guide on how to protect it from Zeus, and a couple other things for him and Remus to use.

I woke up early to send off his gifts, and then waited for the rest of the group to wake up. I played on my phone, read some books, did some homework, practiced my magic, and a bunch of other stuff, trying to keep myself occupied.

Hermione was the first one ready.

"Nico, what are you doing?" She asked.

She had caught me in the middle of doing some homework while playing on my phone and practicing spells.

"Keeping myself occupied." I replied nonchalantly.

She made a noise of indignation, before settling down across from me.

Next down was surprisingly Harry.

"What are you doing up so early, Harry?" I asked.

"I could ask you the same thing." He replied.

I smirked back.

He sat down next in the chair next to mine, between me in my chair and Hermione on the couch.

Neville was down next. He acknowledged everyone with a wave and sat down next to Mione on the couch.

Lastly, Draco wondered in.

"Angel, why are you down here already?" Draco asked.

"I woke up early and sent off Siri's gifts, Dragon."

Draco gasped. "Oh crap. I forgot! I'll be right back."

Draco ran off to go send his presents and came back a moment later.

Finally, everyone was ready to go to breakfast.

We walked into the Great Hall, where I sat down at the table with 'Mione and Neville and the rest of the Gryffindor. We idly chatted about classes and the Hogsmeade trip, Ginny flirted with me, Harry made goo goo eyes at Draco across the room, and the news from the Daily Profit was making the rounds when my owl, Zoe, came in holding an orange letter. The Hall went quiet.

"Umm, guys why is everyone so quiet and what is that orange thing?" I mused aloud.

"Hate to break it to you Nico, but that's a Howler. It is really loud and is normally used to yell at someone but it can sometimes be used as a prank. The longer you wait to open it, the louder it will be." Neville explained.

I read the front of the howler.

To Comet
From Star
(Open when you are alone)

Oh crap. I thought to myself.

"I'm almost positive that this was a mistake. I'll get back to you later. Talk to you later. Bye!" I rambled before running out of the Great Hall.

As soon as I got to a safe spot, I shadow traveled to in front of the ROR.

I NEED A PLACE THAT CAN SOUND PROOF A HOWLER. I NEED A PLACE THAT CAN SOUND PROOF A HOWLER. I NEED A PLACE THAT CAN SOUND PROOF A HOWLER. I thought violently while pacing.
Suddenly, a door open and I quickly ran inside, before opening the howler.

"HEY COMET!! I AM HAVING THE BEST BIRTHDAY EVER!! I PROPOSED TO REMUS AND HE SAID YES! HE SAID YES!! OH MY GODS I CAN'T BELIEVE IT I AM SO HAPPY RIGHT NOW. WE ARE PLANNING TO ANNOUNCE IT AT WINTER BREAK AND GET MARRIED DURING THE SPRING BREAK SO DON'T MENTION IT TO ANYONE YET. OH AND THANKS FOR THE GIFTS THEY ARE AWESOME AND I WILL TOTALLY BE USING ALL OF THEM ASAP."