Halloween//Chapter 16

***time skip by like a week from last chapter***

Nico's POV

Finally, it was my favorite holiday of the year. Halloween. The only time of year where I can use my powers without seeming very suspicious. Also, the only time I enjoy scaring people. Well, I always enjoy scaring people but Halloween just makes it soooooooo much better.

I left my room to head down to the common room. Neville, Hermione, Harry, Ron, and Draco were all sitting down in front of the fire.
I hid within the shadows, sneaking up on them.
I was right behind them, ready to strike.

"BOO!" I yelled at them.

"Ahhhhhh!" They all screamed.

Neville fell out of his chair. Hermione hit Ron in the face. Draco jumped three feet off the couch.

"Happy Halloween Bitches!" I told them.

"Oh no." Draco groaned.

"What, why do you sound upset?" Harry asked.

"Oh, my brother dear just knows what happens on Halloween ever year." A creepy smile had formed on my face.

"Every year, Nico goes all out for Halloween. You will be terrified multiple times. He acts like a little kid for once, enjoying scaring everyone he can." Draco explained.

The group looked at me in terror. I gave them a crazy grin.

"See you in your nightmares!" I told the group, before turning around and flipping my hair in a way that would have made my father proud.

I was very excited to see what the school had in store for Halloween. I know that they have a big feast and the castle will be decorated.

I was not disappointed.  While walking down to breakfast, I noticed how the castle had changed around me.  The shadows elongated against the walls.  There was Halloween decorations everywhere, from mummies roaming the halls to fake witches flying overhead.  There was creepy laughter when no one was there, and the scuttle of rats was heard in the walls.  My face formed into a creepy smirk.  This was my day.  I was the most powerful today.  Today, was the day that the dead the closest to the living.

I slammed upon the door to the Great Hall, ready to begin my fun.  Eyes fell upon me as I walked up to the staff table in my signature leather jacket (the aviator was being repaired) and ripped black jeans.  I slid into the seat next to Al, shooting him a wicked grin.  He groaned and put his head in his hands.

"What's the matter, Al? You look a bit annoyed." I asked him, feigning innocence.

"Oh gods." He muttered under his breath.

"Come on, Al. Don't you just love Halloween?" I taunted.

"Please don't scare the students too much." He begged.

I smirked eerily. "Fine, Fine. My students are ahead of schedule right now so I will make my class fun. And I won't scare children in the hallways. Deal?"

Al sighed. "Deal."

————————————————————————

As soon as breakfast was over, I headed to my classroom to spice things up a bit. I made eery shadows on the walls and placed Greek fire in all of the torches. There was fog rolling in on the ground. I reanimated some skeletons around the room to add to the effect. I made the air have a purplish tinge, and made the lights dim.

When my students arrived, they were awestruck by my classroom. However, they were a little puzzled on where to sit, as I had put away the desks.

"Sit on the floor in the middle. Since you guys are so far ahead in this class , we will be taking the day off to celebrate."

The class burst into excited chatter.

"Now, there is food behind you. Please get in a line and serve yourself. Afterward, we will play a little trivia game."

Neville, Hermione, and Draco gave me a look before following the rest of my students to get food.

After they finished filling their plates, they settled back down for the trivia game.

The class was a ton of fun, but I noticed that Harry was looking a little out of it. Once class was dismissed, I held him back.

"I'll give you a pass to your next class, but Harry, is their something wrong?" I asked him, genuinely concerned for his well-being.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He answered with a faraway look.

He was clearly not fine.

"Harry, you know you can trust me, right? I know that something is going on."

He shifted nervously.

"It's just that-it's just- my parents-." He sighed and started over. "Today was the day my parents died." He quietly spoke.

He looked very distraught. Harry had obviously never met his parents and people were always comparing him to them.

An idea popped into my head.

"I'm so sorry Harry. Why don't you head on to your next class, but meet me by the ROR (room of requirement) after dinner." I instructed him, handing him a pass.

He nodded and scurried off.

I sighed and rested my head in my hands. This plan could go sour in an instant, but I just had to trust myself.

————————————————————————

Greek is in bold

Dinner was finally over and I was happy to see that Harry had obliged to my wish and was waiting in front of the room of requirement. I quickly thought about what I needed, and then headed inside, with Harry on my tail.

"What's this all about, Nico?" He questioned me.

"You can not tell anyone about this, okay. I have some....special powers. Since it is Halloween, these powers are easier to use. Now, please, don't freak out. What is about to happen is very much real and is not an illusion." I explained, before reaching out my power.

"I summon Lily and James Potter before me." I chanted.

Lily and James appeared before our eyes, and I used my strength to materialize them.

"You guys have one hour to talk before Lily and James have to go back." I told them.

Harry's eyes were shinning with tears of happiness. He ran and gave his parents a hug.

"Thank you Nico." He gushed.

I waved him off. "It's no problem."

Harry and his parents caught up for the next hour, before they had to go.

"Nico, thank you so much for everything you did. It was so nice to finally meet my parents." He thanked me.

"Harry, it really is no problem. It was not too difficult, because the realm between the living and the dead is thinnest on Halloween and I have met James and Lily before." I brushed him off.

"Now, you better head up to your dorm before you get in trouble."

He nodded and ran off.

I sighed contently. Helping people is very healing, as seeing someone happy can help me with my own sadness. I sighed as I walked back to my room, happy after having an amazing Halloween.

A/N: Happy New Years everyone!! I hope everyone has an amazingly awesome 2018. I have finally created a plan for this book, and I hope you enjoy everything that has been done so far. If you enjoy, make sure to comment and/or vote, or even share this story. It really makes my day reading comment from you guys. Feel free to message me whenever with whatever you need. Thanks so much for everything you guys say. I couldn't have gotten this far without you. Cheers to a wonderful new year.
Peace out!
-Ashe