His Worst Fear//Chapter 19

Nico's POV

If I'm being honest, I was wondering what my worst fear was as well. I've trained myself to try not to let emotions run my mind, that I have difficulty figuring out my emotions sometimes. Will had been helping a lot with that, and the other campers at the school seemed to have picked up where he left off. Except, fear really isn't an emotion you want to identify, so I was going into this completely blind.

Maybe I should have listened to Star and stay out of it. But since when have I ever followed the rules?

I walked up to the boggart, trying to look confident. When it noticed me, it immediately changed into a familiar form. Bianca. And with that, I was lost to the world. It was only me and her.

I stood there frozen, shocked. I was about to speak, but she beat me to it.

"This was all your fault. If it wasn't for you, I would still be alive right now. I've done everything for you, and this was the thanks I get?" Bianca snarled.

I immediately looked past the fact that she was the image of Bianca. Just as I raised my arm today the spell, the boggart turned into something else.

"Nico, you are a disgrace and a disappointment to this family. I wish you were never born. You don't deserve to live, not while your sister is dead. She was so much better than you." The booming voice of my father, Hades, echoed throughout the room.

A small voice of doubt was in my head. His father wouldn't return to being like that, right? He apologized many times and tried to be s better father. There is no way all of that effort was for nothing. He was a god, he didn't need to acknowledge him if he didn't want to.

As these thoughts swirled in my head, I didn't notice the boggart had changed until I came back into focus.

There, on the ground, was a dead Will Solace.

"This is your fault. Everything you touch dies. I would be so much better off without you, and everyone else agrees."

Suddenly, a bunch of other campers and friends showed up dead on the floor nodding.

"It was your fault. " They whispered.

I fell to my knees, barely aware of what I was doing, trying to get my thoughts straight. Will couldn't be dead, because my dad would make an exception for him. And the others, some of them were in school with me right now. As I steeled my resolve, readying my arm to say the spell, the boggart changed one last time.
It was a huge, swirling, black and purple portal-like being, with sharp teeth and no eyes.

"This is where you will reside forever. As punishment for your crimes, you have been sent to me, and I will have a lot of fun with you." A cold, raspy voice rang across the classroom.

All of a sudden, flashbacks came rushing in, and I couldn't feel anything. My vision became blurry and the room started to spin, and then everything turned black.

————————————————————————

Remus' POV

As soon as Nico stepped up to the boggart, I knew something would go wrong. Once it transformed, an invisible force field erupted around the two, and all the students felt entranced o watch. Hell, I even felt entranced, but I knew something was wrong.

We watched as the boggart changed and flickered, unable to hear any of the conversation. Nico was fighting the boggart by rationing his fears, so it continued to transform. We held our baited breath when Nico fell to his knees, but he eventually raised his wand. Relief fled through me as I thought everything was now okay.

Boy, I was wrong.

The boggart transformed into one last thing, and it resonated fear so strong we all shivered.

Suddenly, Nico's eyes rolled back in his head and he fell unconscious. The shield around him that he must have unknowingly cast flickered and died, and I rushed over to see if he was alright. Hermione shot another ridikulous at the boggart and forced it back into the cupboard. I reached Nico fast, and went to feel his pulse, but my arm went right through him.

Knowing that this was completely out of my area, I grabbed a drachma from my pocket, formed a rainbow, and recited the chant Siri told me to be able to contact him. He told me to only use it in emergencies, and this certainly constituted as one.

Siri's face soon showed up solemnly on the screen.

"Moony, what's wrong?" He asked.

"It's Nico. He decided to face the boggart and it turned into the T place and he passed out and now he is fading. Pads, I don't know what to do!" I frantically explained.

Siri cursed under his breath.

"Draco, go find one of the ghosts and get him here. They are the only ones able to touch Nico. Neville, go grab Luna so she can heal him to the best of her ability. Hermione, go tell Dumbledore to lower the apparition wards."
They all ran off in order to save their friend.

"Remmy, you have to apparate to CHB. Tell them you need Will Solace and that it concerns Nico. They might be a bit hostile because of your blood, but be honest and contact me if there is any problems." Siri explained.

I sighed, and turned to the class, dismissing the rest of them.

A few minutes later, the trio burst in with their respected news. Draco was giving the ghost clear instructions on how to handle Nico, Luna rushed from Neville's side to start healing her friend, and Hermione informed me that Dumbledore would lower the apparition wards for a half hour, starting in two minutes.

I thanked them all profusely, and continued to mull over the scenarios that would happened at CHB.

Best-case scenario, they ask no questions and Will Solace comes with me right away. Worst-case scenario, they decided I'm a monster and kill me or they don't give me any help.

I placed my head in my hands, keeping an eye on my watch as I watched the nervous children crowd their friend, hoping he was okay. I just hoped that he would be okay.

Finally, two long minutes passed, and I apparate from Hogwarts to the outskirts of CHB. Here goes nothing.

A/N: Hey guys! Today was my last day of school and I can update more often now. I hadn't updated in a little less than a month because I was trying to fix my grade for one of my classes. Anyway, I saw some comments about me abandoning my book and that is completely not true. This is supposed to be for fun and I update when I have the inspiration, motivation, or time to do it. If I was abandoning this, which I am not, I would tell you guys. I am a very busy person. This year, as some of you may know, I broke my shoulder. Only a few weeks after being cleared from that, I broke my ankle. I am a very busy person, my life filled with gymnastics, acting, school, physical therapy, doctors appointments, homework, summer work, and now possibly a job over the summer. I try to write as often as possible, but I have a lot on my plate. Please just try to be patient. I don't mind the please update comments because it makes me happy that you guys really care about this story. But I do not feel that comments about me abandoning this should be made, especially since it was less than a month from when I last updated and I have taken longer between updates before.
Now that my little rant is over, I preordered the new Panic! album and it came yesterday, when it's supposed to drop tomorrow. I'm so happy and have been listening nonstop. I also got to work with the Broadway actor Thayne Jasperson! He is an original cast member of Matilda, Newsies(JoJo/Darcy), and Hamilton (Samuel Seabury). It was an amazing experience and he was so nice and down to earth. He choreographed two of our numbers from our show Newsies: Carrying the Banner" and "Seize the Day". It was an awesome opportunity and I hope to work with him in the future. He signed my cast shirt and I got a picture!
Anyways, if you guys enjoyed, please make sure to vote and/or comment. I love you guys and thank you for 67k! I never thought I would make it this far. Thanks for everything!
Peace out!
-Ashe