Classes. Great. //Chapter 12

Nico's POV

I walked out to the edge of the Forbidden Forest with the rest of the 8th years. Once we reached our destination, Hagrid emerged.

"Right, so today we are goin' to be workin' wit' a thestral." Hagrid explained. "Since all of you 'ere were in the war, well 'crept Nico, you will be able to see 'em. Only those who 'have seen death can see 'em. These are what pull the carriages to school. Nico, did you see 'em when you arrived."

"Yes, sir." I responded.

"Right then. I'll go get it." Hagrid disappeared back into the forest, appearing a moment later with the thestral at his side.

Immediately, the thestral started to come over to me.

"Er-I've neve' seen one do this befo'e. Nico, yer migh' wan' to back up." Hagrid warned.

The thestral stopped in front of me and bowed.

My lord! It is great to meet you! My name is Shade. The thestral spoke in my mind to me.

Nice to meet you as well Shade. You can stand up, if you want. I replied, chuckling and petting him behind the ear.

Everyone stared at me in shock. Well, almost everyone. Draco looked mildly annoyed that he didn't get any special treatment. Luna and Neville were trying not to laugh. Ron and Harry were whispering quickly, and I caught the words "Voldemort's son" and "death eater".

Shade do you think you could go scare those two boys whispering over there. I asked him.

Sounds like fun, my lord.

Shade walked over to Harry and Ron, and stomped indignantly. He looked like he was going to charge. Harry and Ron were frozen.

They seemed like they were going to bolt. I let out a low whistle and Shade came back over to me.

Thanks Shade

Anything for you, my lord.

Please don't call me lord.

Alright boss. But I have to go. Make sure to visit us!

I will. Bye Shade.

Shade walked back over to Hagrid, after nuzzling my hand one more time. Once Hagrid and the rest got over their shock, class was dismissed. We walked to our next class.

Charms.

Charms was not too bad. Professor Flitwick was teaching us nonverbal spells, and I could do all of them after one or two tries. Harry and Ron were still conspiring over how to expose me. Great. On to the next class.

Herbology.

In Herbology, Pomona, daughter of Demeter, was having us work with firemoon flowers. She told us that we would be potting them, but to beware that the plants were very hot. They needed to be moved in 30 seconds or it will become to0 hot to handle.

However, as soon as I picked mine up, it died. I heard many people gasp, and I heard Harry and Ron shriek "Death Eater!"

Luckily, Neville was my partner and fixed it for me. I think I should drop out of this class. I'll go ask Pomona.

"It is lovely to see you again Nico. What is it you need?" Pomona asked.

"Um, I think I should drop out of this class." I quickly told her.

"What! Why?" Pomona looked hurt.

"Well, um, when I touched the plant it kinda died." I mumbled.