Chapter 4

Percy POV

Once we shadow travelled away from the Arch, I didn't completely focus on a certain spot just somewhere near Los Angles and saw we were in a desert in front of a dining hall "Where are we?" Annabeth said confused while I shook my head "Somewhere near Los Angles, but where I don't know." I said as we walked inside the diner and sat down at a table "Still got you pack Percy?" Grover said while I shook my head "Lost it in the fight against the Chimera." I said looking around "So we're somewhere near Los Angles, we must be close by." Annabeth said while I nodded in agreement and went to speak but the door opened as a man walked in.

When I felt his aura I felt really mad all of a sudden and wanted to fight something till I controlled my self and realized it was Ares, God of War "Ares." I muttered with distaste as he walked towards us and sat beside Annabeth and Grover, squishing them "Hey, what do you think you're doing?" Tyler said as I stopped him and looked at Ares. "What do you want Ares?" I said while he looked at me "You should know to show respect to the gods punk." he said "I show respect to few gods, only Apollo, Hermes, Poseidon, Hestia, Hades, and Athena are the ones I respect." I said while he raised an eyebrow "Not much love for us other gods huh punk?" he said while I just stared at him as a waitress came over.

"Get these kids some food." He said as he gave her a drachma while she looked at it confused and was about to speak till he looked at her and took off his sunglasses, showing off his nuclear eyes "Is there a problem?" he said while she quickly shook her head and walked off "So you didn't answer my question, why are you here?" I demanded while he smirked.

"And you still haven't answered my question, why do you hate us other gods? Is it because of what Artemis did to you eight hundred years ago?" He said as I glared at him "Part of the reason, the other is all you gods do are curse people and screw with their lives, making them miserable and just overall being a bunch of asses." I said as he laughed "Hothead aren't you punk?" he said as I spoke "Speak for yourself. You invented the name hothead." I mocked as he laughed even harder "I like you punk, we got a lot in common. Both been in wars, both hate Artemis with every fiber of our being and we both have killed many people." he said while Tyler and everyone else looked at me in shock but I didn't make eye contact with them.

"What do you mean Ares?" Tyler said as he looked at me then the others "I suppose your brother never told you, as the God of War I sense that kind of stuff and your brother has it all over him like cologne. Many people have fallen by his weapons and hands alike, eight hundred years is a long time kid. A lot happened between those years." he said as I clenched the table, melting the table "What do you want war god?" I hissed out as he smiled "I left my favorite shield at a amusement park when I was on a date with Aphrodite, I need you to go get it." he said as I laughed. "Mighty war god scared to go grab his shield so he needs demigods to grab it for him?" I mocked as he glared at me "You nearing Los Angles but you don't know where to go to get to the Underworld. If you grab my shield, I'll give you transportation and tell you where to go." he said while Tyler and the rest looked at me.

"We have to Percy, we need this transportation and need the location to the Underworld to confront Hades." Annabeth said as I went to speak but Tyler spoke first "And don't say you can shadow travel us there, you shadow travelled a long distance Percy. I know you're tired, this will help you regain your strength." he said as I was reluctant to accept help from Ares but nodded nonetheless "Good, I'll flash you there. Once you recover my shield, come back here." he said as he stood up and walked out.

"Let's go." I said standing up "But Percy, we haven't had our food yet." Grover complained "I'll handle it Grover, let's go." I said walking towards the door with everyone behind me.

"Percy was he speaking the truth?" Tyler said as I continued walking "About the killing?" he said as I stopped "Yes Tyler, what he said is true. I have killed thousands if not millions of people, I regret it everyday Tyler. Some think being immortal is a blessing but it is more of a curse than a blessing." I said as they gathered around me as I shadow travelled us to this park Ares was talking about.