Chapter 20

That's my doge
Tyler POV

"Tyler," someone said gently shaking my shoulder while I groaned and slowly opened my eyes to reveal Thalia. "Thalia," I muttered rolling my neck around to get the stiffness out. "What are you doing here?" "You need to get some rest," she said softly. "I'm fine," I said but she shook her head. "I'm fine, really. I'm just waiting for Percy to wake up." I said looking at Percy's sleeping form.

I never studied Percy. Despite all he's been through, he doesn't act or seem like it. He has high cheekbones, the skin stretched but not too much to make it look too thin or ghastly. His features were usually always stern, but now, all that is gone. Percy actually looks peaceful for once in his long and hard life. "Like the primordial said Tyler, he'll wake up on his own time. You're our strongest asset right now." "No I'm not," I said shaking my head. "Percy is." "But Percy isn't awake yet. You've been doing so good. Don't let your emotions get in the way right now. Hyperion is still out there, everyone needs you in good shape."

I thought about her words. What she said is true, Chronos did say Percy will wake up on his own time but I wanted him to wake up now. "But-" "I'll watch him. I'll wake you up if he starts stirring." She said while I reluctantly nodded and stood up from the chair I was in, only then did I realize how stiff I really was. "I guess it wasn't the best idea to sleep in a chair," I said while she snorted. "You just now realizing it?" She said while I headed to the door.

"There's a spare room down the hall Tyler. The door is open so you'll know which one it is."

Linebreak

"Tyler," Alexander said handing me a bottle of water which I gratefully accepted. "Alexander," I greeted. "How is everyone?" "Doing pretty good," his cousin, Kyle said walking up with the others. "I think everyone's just anxious to see Percy. Zoe and Jennifer the most." "Yeah I know how they feel," I said standing up and putting the water bottle in the trash.

"One of my scouts reported a massive army. The Hunters, Annabeth, the Athena cabin, Grover, Crystal, and a group of my men are setting up a defensive line on 37th, three blocks north of Olympus. To the east on Park Avenue, the Hephaestus cabin leader and his cabin along with a few other cabins are attacking right now-" "The battle has already started?!" I said but he put a hand on my shoulder.

"Everyone agreed you needed as much energy as possible. Fighting Percy drained you and him. It just started, you aren't missing much." I nodded, although I was still slightly mad they didn't wake me up. "To the west, the Demeter cabin along with your friend Grover turned Sixth Avenue into a jungle." "How about the south?" "The south is clear for now, but the flanks of the enemy army are already circling around to our flank. I sent the remaining of my men to cut them off."

"How many men do you have?" I said. "We started with one twenty five, over these past few days we have eighty seven men left. Eighteen wounded leaving us with sixty nine fighting. I sent most of them to the flank, leaving fifteen with the Hunters." "So we're basically surrounded?" I questioned while he nodded grimly. "Any sign of Hyperion and Kronos?" I said strapping on my armor. "No, which makes me quite suspicious. Me, Kyle, and the others were bringing wounded back here," he said gesturing to a few campers being tended to.

"We were getting ready to head back and help the Hunters, their taking the brunt of the assault." "I'll join you," I said uncapping Shadowslayer. "Where'd you get that?" Alexander said slightly surprised while I stared at him confused. "From Percy. Why?" I said while he shook his head, chckling slightly. "I'll let him tell you. Just surprised he gave that up." I was confused as to what he was talking about but decided to let it go for now.

"Come on, let's go help the Hunters," I said while they nodded as we headed to the door.

When I opened it, everywhere I looked I saw pure chaos. "Come on!" Alexander said gesturing me forward as we cut through the monsters. After what felt like an eternity of fighting, I made out silver and white blurs moving through the endless hordes of monsters. "Come on, we have to help the Hunters," Kyle said running ahead. "If we don't, they'll get outnumbered." He said jumping right into the mix and wasted no time slaughtering the monsters while we followed his lead.