Chapter 19

All writing belongs to black wolf   All your Naruto fans well here's a picture.
Tyler POV

"The invasion has started." I said as everyone's eyes widened. "What's that you got there Annabeth?" Travis said as Annabeth kneeled on the floor. "It's a video shield." I said in shock while she nodded. "One of Daedalus's idea," she said. "I had Beckendorf make this before-" She glanced at Silena. "Um, anyway, the shield bends sunlight or moonlight from anywhere in the world to create a reflection." She said as the Statue of Liberty came into view.

"You can literally see any target under the sun or moon as long as natural light is touching it." She said while we crowded around her and watched as the image zoomed and spun around at first making me dizzy. We were in Central Park Zoo, then zooming down East 60th, past Bloomingdale's, then turning on Third Avenue. "Woah," Connor said. "Back up. Zoom in right there." "What?" Annabeth said nervously. "You see invaders?" She said but he shook his head.

"No, right there-Dylan's Candy Bar." Conner grinned at his brother. "Dude, it's open. And everyone is asleep. Are you thinking what I'm thinking?" "Conner!" Katie Gardner scolded. She reminded me of her mother, Demeter. But instead of scolding everyone to eat cereal. She's scolding someone who was trying to raid a candy store.

"This is serious. You are not going to loot a candy store in the middle of a war!" "Sorry," he muttered, but he didn't sound very ashamed. "This will let us see what's going on across the city." Annabeth said waving her hand across the shield as another scene popped up: FDR Drive, looking across the river at Lighthouse Park.

While Annabeth thanked Argus for the shield, I whistled for Mrs. O'Leary. "Hey girl," I said as she bounded over."Do you remember Grover? The satyr we met in the park?" "WOOF!"

I hope that meant Sure I do! And not Do you have more hot dogs? "I need you to find him," I said. "Make sure he's still awake. We're going to need his help. You got that? Find him!" I said as she gave me a sloppy kiss, (Which seemed completely unnecessary) as she raced off north while Pollux crouched beside a sleeping policeman. "I don't understand. Why didn't we fall asleep too? Why just the mortals?" "This is a large spell," Silena said.

"The larger the spell, the easier it is to resist. If you want to put millions of people to sleep, you've got to cast a very thin layer of magic." She said while I stared at her. "When do you learn so much about magic?" I questioned while she blushed. "I don't spend all my time on my wardrobe." "Tyler," Annabeth called, her eyes still trained on the shield. "You'd better see this." she said while I walked towards her to see the bronze shield shimmering.

Once it stopped, it showed Long Island Sound near La Guardia. A dozen speedboats raced through the dark waters towards Manhattan. Each boat was packed with demigods in full Greek armor. At the back of the lead boat, a purple banner emblazoned with a black scythe on it. It didn't take a genius to figure out who it symbolized.

"Scan the perimeter of the island," I said. "Quickly." I said as the scene shifted to the south of the harbor. A Staten Island ferry was plowing through the water near Ellis Island. The deck was crowded with dracaenae and a whole pack of hellhounds. Swimming in front were a pod of sea mammals. At first, I thought they were dolphins till I realized their doglike faces and the swords strapped to their waists and I immediately realized who they were.

"Telekhines," I muttered with distaste as the scene shifted to the Jersey shore, right at the entrance to the Lincoln Tunnel where a hundred assorted monsters were marching through the tunnel. Past lanes of stopped traffic: giants with clubs, rogue Cyclopes, a few fire spitting dragons, and just to rub it in, a World War II-era Sherman tank, pushing cars out of its way as it rumbled into the tunnel.

"What's happening with the mortals outside Manhattan?" I said. "Is the whole state asleep?" "I don't think so," Annabeth said frowning. "From what I've gathered from these pictures, Manhattan is totally asleep. Then there's a fifty-mile radius around the island where time is running really, really slow. The closer you get to Manhattan, the slower it gets." She said showing me another scene.