Chapter 11

For all you guys who message me I can't answer. My thing messed up so no matter if it's the right email it doesn't register it as the right one so I can't respond.

Go read The New Olympian and Percy and the Primordial council by Primordial-Miky9 . I really like them so yeah.

Percy POV

Dream

"Everyone find some cover!" Resonated through the forests of Bastogne as artillery pounded the ground as I ran through the forests, trying to find a foxhole which I luckily did as I jumped in it, barely avoiding a incoming mortal and looked at the most intense display of firepower I've ever seen in my entire life. After a few minutes of watching the trees and everything else be destroyed around me, I started to laugh.

First, a little chuckle then it slowly grew, reminding me of the first time me and Crystal snuck off and went to the Fourth of July fireworks, despite Alexander's protests, remembering we would create our own fireworks and pop them out in the forests, avoiding the police and just overall having a good time. Seeing all these explosions and display of firepower was possibly the most beautiful and terrifying thing I've ever seen in my entire life.

After a few minutes, the artillery stopped, leaving a destroyed forests and unmoving bodies of my brothers in arms, eyes staring at nothing, lifeless and dull. Like that same day in the forests of Bastogne, "Everyone okay?!" I shouted from my foxhole as I heard multiple 'yes' till I heard a faint sound "You hear that?" I said to Lipton as he must've hopped in the same foxhole when I was going into flashbacks.

"Is that Joe?" He said as I put my finger to my lips, signaling silence as the sound was heard again "That's Joe. I thought he was behind me." Lipton said as I hopped out of my foxhole, moving towards Joe "Percy, what are you doing?" Lipton whispered harshly as I spoke "Going after Joe." I whispered back till I raised my voice "Everyone stay in your foxholes." I said moving past foxholes, some with a shell in them and disembodied parts.

I walked deeper into the forests, in reach of the artillery where I saw Joe, laying in the snow, his right leg separated from his body, groaning as I rushed towards him, grabbing his straps and dragging him back to safety, or what I thought was safety. "I need my helmet." He said, struggling out of my grip, but in his condition, he wasn't going anywhere "Forget it Joe." I said, slowly pulling him towards one of the foxholes where Riley and Johnson were at, "Mortars!" I heard as a loud booming sound was heard as my eyes widened as a explosion landed a few feet away from me, "Percy! Come on, you can do it." I heard Johnson say as I continued to drag Joe through the snow.

I wish I could've used my powers, but doing that would be suicide because the Olympians are watching us fight as we speak, but more importantly, watching me. And if I reveal my identity, it will endanger all those around me, mortals and demigods alike "Percy. Come on! You're nearly there!" I heard as I continued to drag Joe through the snow, hearing Riley's shouts till it went silent but I didn't dare look back. I had to focus on the task in front of me, getting Joe safely out of here.

I continued to pull Joe through the snow, knowing that Apollo is trying to give me as much time as possible by blinding the Germans shooting the artillery but he's also breaking the Ancient Laws and risking his life trying to help me. "I'm hurrying Apollo." I muttered, knowing he's listening as I just neared the foxhole till an explosion landed directly in front of me.

Dream ends

I sat up quickly, gasping for air and looking around, trying to figure out my surroundings till I realized I where I was. On a quest to save Artemis, protecting Tyler. I laid my head back and draped my hand over my head, the other searching for the pills Apollo gave me in my pocket but didn't feel them anywhere as I double checked my pockets but couldn't find them anyway as I quickly searched around me for the pills.