Chapter 21

Hey guys, I'm back with another chapter! Hope you enjoy and feel free to review!

Percy POV

My peaceful sleep was disturbed when I felt a slight pressure on my chest. Slowly opening my eyes, I saw a figure sleeping on my chest. Judging by the slender body, it was a female. I started to move my arms around, but then stopped when I saw my arms were wrapped around her waist. I slowly removed my arms from around her and moved some of her hair out of the way and instantly recognized the coppery skin and slightly upturned nose. Zoe. I thought stroking her cheek softly.

I knew I should've woken her up but I didn't want to. I wanted to stay like this forever but I knew I couldn't so I tried to cherish the moment for as long as possible. But the moment didn't last very long when Zoe started to stirr and slowly opened her eyes and saw me snd instantly froze.

We stared into each others eyes, both of us trying to control the blush that was threatening to spread across our faces. "Well," I said sheepishly, removing my hand away from her face. "This is certainly awkward." I said while she quickly got off me, her cheeks red. "What happened?" She muttered while I sat up, recalling what happened.

"I remember jumping off the Empire State Building and taking you with me, then I shadow traveled us here." I said receiving a slap immediately afterwards. "If I wasn't invulnerable, that would've probably hurt." I said while she glared at me but I smiled. "Whatever," she said getting up but I grabbed her hand and pulled her towards me.

"Stay," I murmured into her hair, wrapping my arms around her waist. "I feel peaceful with you here," I said falling back into the bed with her. "We need to head downstairs," she said putting her hands on my chest. "Everyone is probably looking for us after your little stunt that you pulled last night." She said glaring at me. "I don't think anyone will miss us for five minutes," I said while she looked like she was about to agree till she shook her head, making me groan.

She got up yet again but I grabbed her and pulled her towards me, pressing my lips against hers making her freeze. I'm really starting to push my luck. I thought as she snapped out of her dazed state and kissed me back, snaking her arms around my neck. I leaned back into the bed, taking her with me. I'm going to tell her. After Kronos is defeated, I'm going to tell her how I feel. I don't want her to think I'm using her.

The moment was great but good things don't last forever. "Percy," I heard as the door opened. "It's about time I found you..." The voice trailed off while me and Zoe quickly pulled apart, blushing furiously.

I turned to the door and saw Kyle standing there, eyes wide with shock and disbelief. I noticed Zoe was still in my arms and quickly released her, thankfully she got the idea and scrambled off me, sitting at the far edge of the bed, not making eye contact with me. After a few minutes of awkward silence, I spoke. "What are you doing here?" "Been looking for you but apparently you were busy." He said till a thoughtful look appeared on his face. "Now that I think about it, this is perfect blackmail," he said grinning while I glared at him.

"If you know what's best for your sake and mine, you'll keep this a secret." I said but I know Kyle. Once he finds something out like this, any type of threat doesn't matter to him because he knows I can't do anything while something like this is in his hands. He went to speak but a roar that shook the building stopped him.

"What was that?" I questioned in shock as a serious expression adorned his face. "Kronos has another surprise, this one is a little tougher than what you think."

Linebreak

The Hephaestus cabin was out of Greek Fire. The Hunters and the Apollo cabin were scrounging for arrows. Most of us had ingested so much so much ambrosia and nectar we didn't dare take anymore. In total, we had sixteen campers, fifteen Hunters, thirty one fighting soldiers from Aether's army, and half a dozen satyrs left in fighting shape. The rest took refuge on Olympus.