Chapter One:

When Emma woke up, the sun had hardly began to shine through the windows. Emma smiled and turned over to see the love of her life.

"Goodmorning." She whispered groggily. Hook opened one eye and smiled a toothy grin. Emma leaned over and kissed him gently. He pulled her by the waist closer to him and she snuggled into his side.

"How did I get so lucky." Hook mumbled into Emma's hair. Emma opened her mouth to speak- but she woke up. She jumped up in a hot sweat. She kicked the blankets to her ankles and held her forehead. She let out a deep breath. Hook. She couldn't love Hook! Him of all people.. It was just a dream. It doesn't mean anything. She got up and ran to the bathroom. She clicked on the light and ran the bathroom sink. She splashed water on her face to cool off. She glanced in the mirror.

"It's just a dream, Emma." She mumbled to herself. There was a quiet knock at the bathroom door and Emma was shaken from her concentration. She turned and opened the bathroom door and was greeted by Henry. "Hi kiddo." She said standing in the doorway.

"Is everything alright mom?" He asked. She didn't feel alright. She felt sick.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Go back to sleep." She told him shaking a hand through his hair. He laughed and pushed his hair back into place.

"Alright, alright." He said and walked back into his bedroom. Emma smiled until he was gone and then let out a breath. She wasn't going to fall in love. She couldn't let herself  and that was final.