Chapter Two:

The next morning Emma woke up and got out of bed. It was Saturday morning and she was going to head into town with Henry to get him a new school jacket. She pulled a pair of black skinny jeans and a white v-neck out of her drawers and changed into them. She pulled on some black converse and walked down the hallway to Henry's room.

"Wake up sleepy head!!" Emma said opening his bedroom door. When she walked in Henry was already dressed and sitting at the foot of his bed reading the story book. "Why do you still read that if you've broken the curse and you know what happens?" She asked curiosly. He shrugged.

"I'm like any normal kid. I like fairytales." He told her, never once glancing up from his book.

"But you aren't a normal kid." She joked sitting down beside him. "Why don't you finish up that story while I make us some breakfast, then we'll head out. Okay?" Henry agreed with the idea and Emma left to fix breakfast. She fixed their meals quickly and set the counter for the two of them to eat. Henry walked in smiling. 

"What are you so smiley about?" Emma asked.  Henry just shook his head.

"It's nothing. I'm not too hungry, you ready to go?" He said hurriedly. Emma was confused and took a large bite of her toast.

"Alright, let's go." She said through bites of toast. The two of them head out to the uniform store for all the children in Storybrooke. The town was so small it only had one school for the few children that lived there.

"You like this? It'd match your scarf." Emma said holding up a grey jacket. Henry made a disgusted face and continued rummaging through the clothing racks.

"This one's perfect." Henry said pulling a small black jacket out from the rack.

"Okay, we'll get you that." Emma said picking it up and walking up to the cash register. She paid and the two of them left, carrying their bags.

"So if there anywhere else you want to go?" Emma asked walking alongside Henry.

"I'd like to go to our secret hide out." He laughed. The two of them hadn't been there in forever. They walked the short trip over to the wooden 'fort' that overlooked the ocean. It was beautiful. 

"Storybrooke, Maine. It's weird to think I may've never come here.." Emma said looking out into the water.

"Thanks for coming back, mom." Henry said happily. Emma felt a pang of guilt. If she was a good mother in the first place she never would've left..

"If you don't mind, I kinda want to walk. You wanna walk down by the boats?" She asked Henry.

"Sure!" Henry replied gladly walking towards the boat docks. Emma followed him a little behind. The ringing of bells and the boats swishing in the water was comforting to Emma and it allowed her to clear her mind. She finally felt relaxed until she heard a voice she dreaded to hear.

"You look lovely this afternoon Ms.Swan." Hook's Irish accent complimented. His soothing voice rang in her ears making her smile slightly but not enough as it would be visible.

"Thanks. What are you doing here?" She asked. Hook smirked, showing off a face any woman would fall in love with. Even if that woman were Emma Swan.

"Well, I am a pirate as you might notice." He said gesturing to the hook that now replaced his hand. "And I may have a slight infatuation with the sea." He finished off as if in a trance. 

"Oh." Emma said shortly. She was embarrassed by the obviousness of his answer. "The two of us better get going.." Emma said nodding in Henry's direction.

"Very well. Have a nice day. See you soon Emma." He said grinning.  Hook didn't mean any harm by excluding Henry, he was just mesmerized by the beauty that was Emma Swan. He watched as her and her son walked away. He felt a pang of jealousy. Emma had a son who loved her unconditionally, and he had no one.