Chapter Ten:

Emma left the library giggling. After her visit, she couldn't stop thinking of Hook. The dark leather that made him so intimidating, his eyes a light blue, the color of the sea, his lips a luscious pink... never mind that. She couldn't help herself.

By now Hook was already up and moving. He had already gotten dressed and applied his guyliner before Emma had even woken up. He walked out onto the ship's deck. The sun hadn't even come over the horizon yet. The waves were gently rolling as if they were untouched yet. This was Killian's favorite time of the day. He walked to the side of the boat and watched the water ripple with the promise of fish below. He stayed like this until the sun rose and then returned back to his cabin so that no one would disturb him. He didn't have much to do so he scanned the room for something. On his shelf there was an old book with a moldy smell and the pages were torn. The cover was black with fingertips of a worker. He hadn't picked up this book in ages. It was his favorite. He began reading through the pages. It was about a boy who had a crush on a girl. The only problem was he didn't have money to take her on a date so she kept denying him. Eventually he set up a picnic lunch he made himself and tricks her into going on a date with him. She ends up liking him back. Hook had long forgotten the title of the book but he loved how the story ended. In the end, after countless times fighting for this girl, he got her. He got the girl.

Emma went back home and lucky for her, Henry was still asleep. She plopped down onto the couch and turned the TV on. She settled into the couch to watch Say Yes To The Dress. After about half an hour of this there was a knock at the door. Emma jumped up and answered the door. She was greeted by Ruby.

"Hey sweetie!!" Ruby greeted. "I'm having the girls come out to Granny's tonight. I got might shift. You know what that means!!" She sang. Ruby occasionally took night shift and whenever she did she brought liquor. She stashed it under the counter and that night she'd invite a bunch of the girls out.

"Oh Ruby I'd love to but I had to get Henry a babysitter last night.. I hate to leave him again.." Emma started.

"Oh c'mon. The kids THIRTEEN. Give him some freedom." Ruby said hitting Emma's arm. Emma rolled her eyes.

"Alright, alright. See you at 10." Emma laughed. Ruby squealed and hugged her. Ruby left and Emma closed the door. Tonight she was going to loosen up a bit. Have some fun for a change. Little did she know that Hook also had plans to go to Granny's tonight..