Chapter Seven:

As the hours rolled by it was soon 5 o'clock and Emma had started getting ready.  She didn't know exactly what to wear considering the circumstances.  She came to the conclusion she should just dress up enough to make it seem like a date. She liked Hook and wanted to see if she could get out of him his feelings for her. She put on a black dress that stopped just below her knee and silver hoop earrings. She went through the bottom of her closet and found a pair of black heels she could hardly walk in. She curled her long blonde hair like she usually did on special occasions and did a touch up on her makeup. This was the thing she did not miss about dating.

"Mom and dad will be over soon. Until then, don't cause trouble." Emma warned Henry grabbing her jacket off the coat rack.

"Mom, I'm 13. I think I can handle myself." Henry said. Emma sighed. In her eyes he was still the young boy she left as a baby. She pushed her thoughts away and walked over to give him a hug. He was reading his Once Upon A Time book and it put a smile on her face. He hadn't read it in ages. When she looked at the picture she didn't recognize the characters.

"Who is that?" She asked pointing to the picture. Henry just shook his head and closed the book.

"It's nothing mom. Just some back story on uhm Red Riding Hood." He said grinning.  As Emma had said several times before, she could tell when someone was lying, and Henry was lying.

"Okay, whatever. Bye." She said leaving her son in the apartment alone. She couldn't help but worry about him. Regina wasn't much of a threat anymore but magic still revolved in Storybrooke. On her way downstairs, Emma ran into David and Mary Margaret.  She still felt weird calling them mom and dad so she didn't address them that way.

"So where are you off to tonight?" Mary Margaret asked suspiciously.

"Yeah, you seem awfully dressed up." David said wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shutup guys." Emma groaned. The two of them laughed. "You all are treating me like a teenager." She pointed out.

"We didn't get to treat you that way when you were a teenager so we'll do it now." Mary Margaret laughed. Emma had to laugh to.

"Okay, see you guys when I get home. Thanks for watching Henry." Emma said before heading out to her car to drive to the pier.

When she got there, she looked for The Jolly Roger or any sign of Hook.

"You look lovely." She heard a broad  voice behind her say. She spun around in her heels to catch the vivid green eyes that belonged to the one and only Killian Jones.  Emma felt her heart skip a beat as her eyes met her lovers. She took in the way he was dressed. He wasn't dressed in his normal pirate attire. His red button-down shirt brought out his dark features. He wore black pants and black dress shoes. Wow.

"Would you like to accompany me to dinner tonight?" He asked bowing like a gentleman. Hook never passed up a chance to show good form. Emma decided to joke around with him a bit.

"Nah. I was just walking around in heels and a dress." She winked.

"Well then, it must be your lucky day." He said. He stepped towards her and outstretched his hand, which she gladly took. He lead her onto his ship. It was a large wooden vessel and Hook marveled at the loud click it made with Emma's heels against the wood. It reminded him of whenever he wore his own boots back when he was a pirate every single day. It was a happy life but according to Hook, it wasn't as good as a life with Emma Swan. He lead her into the Captain's quarters where he would normally have dinner alone. The table was set nicely with a glass of wine and a salad. Hook pulled out Emma's chair and once she sat down, pushed it back in for her.

"I'm glad you could join me tonight Ms.Swan." He grinned.  His charming personality had Emma grinning too.

"Yeah, I'm glad I could too." Emma said taking a sip from the wine. "I'm surprised you didn't serve rum." Emma joked. Hook laughed and raised an eyebrow.

"I could always still get some. I have plenty." He added. The two of them ate their food and talked.  Emma could feel herself  uncontrollably falling more and more in love with the pirate. When they finished Hook got an idea.

"Emma, I want to show you something.. You'll need to take off your heels." He told her. Emma removed her shoes confused. Hook opened the door they had entered in and Emma noticed it was dark outside.

"Oh shit, I got to get back to Henry." Emma gasped. She hadn't realized how late it'd gotten before she could turn to leave, Hook gently grabbed her arm. She felt her heart leap at his simple touch.

"Please Emma, it will only take a second." He promised. Emma pondered this and decided a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.. She nodded in agreement and Hook smiled. He ran over to the rope ladder that led up to the crow's nest where they could overlook everything.

"Really?! I can't do that.." Emma said.

"Why not?" Hook asked already a fourth of the way up. Emma crossed her arms across her chest. Emma had a fear of heights which she would never admit. "Suit yourself." Hook said climbing up farther. He wasn't trying to be an ass, he just knew if he kept this act up she would follow him. Emma sighed and gave in. She gripped the rope tightly and felt the sweat already begin to collect on her hands. She took a deep breath. What if her hand slipped? What would happen if she fell? She pushed all of those thoughts out of her mind and shakily climbed to the top. She focused on nothing but the rope ladder. She was nearly to the top when she lost footing and slipped. Emma screamed and held on to the rope with all her might. Hook grabbed one of her hands and pulled her up as best he could.

"Emma, I need your other hand.. You need to trust me.." Hook said gazing into Emma's eyes. Emma swallowed. She had no other choice. She reluctantly let go of the rope and grabbed his wrist. Hook pulled Emma up into the crow's nest and she thanked God that she could stand in safety again. Emma wasn't paying attention to much, she just tried to calm herself down.

"I don't mean to interrupt you Ms.Swan, but you might want to take a look around.." Hook suggested. Emma opened her eyes for the first time in forever and really looked around. The world was beautiful, but it wasn't this beautiful.  The crystal blue water sparkled beautifully in the sunlight. The sound of waves crashing against the side of the ship filled her ears and the smell of sea salt filled her nostrils. Hook took this time to get closer to Emma. He was timid but wanted to try to be romantic. He had to test the waters to see if Emma loved him. Emma's back was to him. He placed his hand and hook on her hips and she automatically tensed up. He didn't know wether to get off or not but then she relaxed.

"It's truly beautiful, Hook." Emma breathed. She was at a loss for words.  She'd never felt so happy, so free in her entire life. Emma turned her head to look at Killian. His cheekbones were magnified in the lighting and his blue eyes sparkled. Hook didn't know what to say. He was breathless.  Emma was the cause for that. He found a certain beauty in her words and actions and it was something he couldn't describe. He was a pirate and she was an angel. He leaned in cautiously to kiss her and to his surprise he found her lips against his own in a matter of seconds. This was a moment the two of them had only dreamed of sharing. When they pulled back Emma turned around to face him.

"Thanks for tonight Killian." She said kissing his cheek.