The War

Swords clanged against tough animal fur in the background. It sounded as if the animals were currently winning. Inside a small room, Thea had just given birth to a young female. Her name was already picked before her birth, Sky. If the tribe could survive this war, she would be leader one day. The newborn was laying in a crib already peacefully sleeping.

     'Boom.' The door burst open. Two full white wolves ran in. Thea couldn't move, it was much too painful. The wolves scanned the long wooden room. Then the snout of one of them was in her face. The other in the crib. 

     Then as clear as day, a small hand reached for the beasts jawline. It sat there for a long second, then dropped. The wolves head tilted up and let out a long howl. A powerful, but gentle jaw, picked up Thea and ran. As they ran Thea watched in pain, the buildings passing by. Thea had seen what was to come when she saw Atlas, Sky's own father, in the jaw of another pure white wolf. 

     Then a white blinding flash occurred, as all the animals began to run away. Thea wondered what was happening, was that caused by the animals, the humans, or something else. 

Fifteen years and 11 months have passed now. Sky had turned into a taller young woman. Her long hair was the color dirty blonde, with tips of light blue, that were dyed by crushed flowers. Her strong ocean blue eyes stood out.

     She was still not sure why everyone had a hatred for animals. She loved them personally. She still has the memory of a graceful white wolf making sure she was no longer cold by pulling up her blanket. She raised her own hand to touch the wolve's injured jaw. Then her hand fell. That was what she thought of when people brought up 'bad' animals. 

     Several times Sky had tried to show the people, no her people, that animals aren't as bad as they think. Multiple times Sky had the pressure of the monarchy her people had. Sky now only had one year of freedom left, while her aunt ruled. Sky had asked everyone where her mother and father were, but no one even seemed to know there was someone that ruled before my aunt. 

     There was going to have to be a way to find her own blood family. Or, is this only a small dream to be crushed? Is her family even alive?