The Rude Alpha

Sky's POV!

     As soon as we reached a tunnel in the ground Winter walked right into it. I walked in as well, followed by Rex and Caleb. I saw two mixes on a wooden structure. With a crowd below. One of them was a female the other was a male, but I didn't pay much attention to their appearances. 

     "Ah, Winter, Rex," the female started," Who are these people? And I'm glad your training is done, I was just talking about that Rune girl, she just ran away from her old pack!" I felt my cheeks burning. "Why would she run?" Winter asked. "Because, my darling, she was scared of responsibilities like every young woman, apparently she is extremely mentally unstable-" "No she isn't!" I interrupted mad, "maybe it was the fight they had, and she ran to lead them away!" 

     I got scolded, "you don't talk to an Alpha that way, you ignorant girl!" She shouted, "Didn't your parents and pack teach you that." "Maybe you shouldn't talk about Sky Rune as if she's a pile of trash! In fact, she may have saved her pack!" Caleb interrupted her rude words. "Execute  these unhelpful mutts!" "I'll have you know I, Sky Rune, don't appreciate more enemies." 

     A gasp spread through the crowd. "Prove it!" The female Alpha challenged. I swept my arm towards her. Pushing her onto the ground, "If you need more proof, I can take away your power." Winter looked at me in horror, while Rex gave a look of amusement. 

     "I-I am so sorry miss." the Alphas said together, as they bowed. "No reason to be so formal, just don't get on my bad side," I stated still angry from the rudeness. Caleb started, "we have to get on the move, can we camp here tonight?" "Of course! Winter, Sky will stay with you, and Rex, the boy will stay with you. Show them to where they will stay, and no dilly-dallying! Unless you want to change that..." "No, it's fine miss," Caleb approved. 

     In the morning we met up after breakfast because Winter and Rex asked us too. "Can we join you guys? I swear we will help the best we can!" Winter pleaded. Caleb looked at me silently asking if they could. I nodded, hoping my decision was correct. "Of course! We could always use the extra helping hand, but this is dangerous, there is a possibility of one of us dying," Caleb told her. It will still annoy me about how he can talk so calmly about death even.

      I turned motioning for everyone to follow. "Wait, I have some food I could grab, plus extra clothes. In case we run into other packs..." Winter commented, turning on her heal, and running into the dens. 

     She returned with four backpacks, handing one to each of us, "okay now we can go!" She grinned. I turned and started walking, later breaking into a sprint. "Sky, where are we going?" Rex questioned. "I have no idea," I laughed speeding up. After running for a while we stopped in a dense jungle. I sat down on a rock and began to rummage through the bag. 

     I noticed a blanket and came up with an idea. "Do you hear that running water?" Caleb asked. "No," we all said together. He got up and walked off, motioning for us to follow. I zipped up my bag and threw it over my shoulder, following him. I heard, but turned around to make sure, that they were following, "do you always get these hunches?" I asked turning back to him just in time as he stopped immediately, in front of a giant river with a clearing around it.

     "Nope, because it wasn't a hunch," he pointed out in a cocky tone. I started to think, and that was good for no one. Are Winter and Rex good people to travel with? Can we trust them? Why did they ask to join us? How did their pack know about me? Why does Rex seem so dark? Why is Winter so sweet to us, but so rude to him? Are they counterparts? Was Caleb my counterpart? If so then what was my dream earlier? Why was Winter and Rex's Alpha so rude toward me?

     I only knew one thing... I needed to train, find my other power, and ask these questions.