Nana and Jasper

Sky's POV!

     I headed towards a stand selling sweets. "Hello, ma'am I'm Nana! Would you like some sweets, I cooked them to perfection! The first two are free," a young lady with bright pink dyed hair said. The young woman also had amber eyes, wore a short pink dress, with an apron. "Hello, Nana, I'm Winter! These are my friends Rex, Sky, and Caleb," Winter continued only to be cut off by a look of horror, "Sky Rune? Right?" She whispered. I nodded. 

     She studied me for up to the count of eight, "follow me, you probably need help with something, don't you?" I smiled politely, "yes actually, I'm looking for a man-" She cut me off, "it's Jasper isn't it?" She asked quite sadly, "he is one of my brothers, you're not," She didn't finish it. "No, I just need to talk to him. I promise." I saw some panic leave her eyes. 

     We ended up following her into a large cottage, "this is my home. Currently, my entire family is out. What powers do you have?" I tried to keep my cool, "what do you mean?" I could hear my voice shake. "I know you're a mix Sky, so are your friends, so am I. But, I'm not the mix you think of immediately. I'm a different kind of mix."

     I could hear Winter and Caleb gulp. Rex seemed calm for some reason. I turned back to Nana to see that she was now a cat. She turned back as well, right in front of our eyes, "I have the power of emotions I could use it on anyone in the room." She looked right into my eyes and I instantly felt carefree. Then I returned to my normal self. 

     "I see, but your power can't go to more than one person?" I challenged. "I-I haven't pushed it that far.." She stuttered. "Sky are you sure you know what you're doing?" Caleb looked concerned. "Of course." 

     "Hey, Nana you-" a young man stopped, entering the house. "Hey, Jasper." Nana replied, "Don't worry they are only humble peasants who need to stay at a home for a few days or less." Jasper lost all worry in his eyes. Maybe her power was worse than I thought. I smiled sweetly, "any power can be fought, Jasper. And Nana, I order you to stop using that, or else I will take it away." 

     She looked concerned, "you can't take my power away, no ones able to do that. Or will you k-k-" "No I won't. I'm just warning you, for now." "Sky you can be quite scary when you want," Rex stated. "You don't know her," Caleb whispered loud enough for me to hear him clearly, or was that just my new ears. I took my hat off quickly, letting my ears stand on end. 

     Then I caught something from the outside I probably wasn't supposed to hear, "Sky Rune is inside, we will attack soon. Don't let the king down," Someone said, but it sounded like the guard from earlier. "What about the Chans?" Another guard asked. "Kill them if they get in the way." The first one replied. 

     I looked at my friends, "I both love and hate these new ears. I can hear extremely well, and I don't like what I hear. We need to get out of here, now. Jasper's power what is it?" "I can turn invisible," Jasper told me. "That is not going to help much..." Rex said looking at expectantly. "I don't have a plan. Sky or Winter you guys got something?" Caleb said. I turned around in a circle, "I think I have one, but Winter?"

     "Nope, go for it Sky," she replied. "Nana, how fast can you run? And can I borrow some clothes?" I prayed my plan could work. "I can run pretty fast, and you can use some of my sisters' clothes. They won't notice," She ran upstairs as I followed. 

     I came back down in a torn up shorts and ripped shirt, with all my hair up in a bun, hiding it in my hat. I came back down, "Sorry I can't run in a dress." I  turned running out the door.