The Kingdom

Sky's POV! 

                                                          -At the forest-

     I looked around, everything seemed dull and grey, "this is not how I remember it..." We walked further into the forest. "Ma'am, can you help us," asked an elderly. "Of course what's the problem?" "There is this man in our village, he is new and he is always rambunctious- what are those on your head?" I dropped my ears flat against my skull, "I don't have anything on my head," I laughed combing through my hair with fingers, wishing my ears and tail would hide. 

     "Excuse me, lady," Winter said pulling me backward into the bushes and finally farther out into the dense forest, "Change into one of the longer dresses, and where this," she added, handing me a hat. While Winter had her back turned I quickly changed, the dress hid my tail perfectly. 

     "Sorry ma'am I wanted to look proper visiting another village," I smiled innocently. "Yes well the women look proper while the men work right," she laughed. "Oh no, I'm taking this guy down himself, even if that means ruining this stupid dress." I hissed, "no man will do my work, even if it means the death of me. And my work by something I can complete. Let the men do the cleanup." I laughed knowing Caleb and Rex were angry at me. 

     The village looked beautiful, with water fountains, tall stone buildings, and an extremely long building near the end, probably the biggest building here. "You guys it doesn't look like there are mixes here, no powers unless it means battle, got it?" I whispered, and everyone nodded. The old woman turned to look at me, "I never got your name, mines Veronica." "Sky," I said then gestured to my friends, "That is Caleb, Winter, and Rex."

     "Your last name as well darling," she continued. "Rune. I'm Sky Rune." She gasped in horror and quickly fled. I glanced at my friends confused. "That's her!" I heard the old woman's voice. "Sorry lady, but you are going to the king for questioning, and most likely execution," The guard told me. 

     "Why not," I looked at my friends, "you guys up for execution?" Caleb laughed, but the others looked concerned for my mental health. I looked over at the guard, "we will go in for questioning willingly. But, if it comes execution time, I think that you will find us hard to kill. 

     After a short walk to the biggest stone building, we went inside almost immediately spotting more guards. The inside looked amazing. There was colored glass, along with plenty of portraits. I realized quickly that this was a monarchy. "Follow my lead okay, this isn't like packs." I watched all of them nod hesitantly. 

     After a much longer walk than the first one, we reached a quite open room, with a king and a queen sitting on large golden thrones. When we stopped in front of them I curtsied, "your highness's, it seems this is a princess talking to a queen and king in their best states. I'm Sky Rune. And these are my followers, Caleb, Winter, and Rex. It's so extraordinary to see such good rulers, your people must be very lucky." 

     "Ah yes, Sky Rune. I've heard tales of such a girls birth, bringing destruction to any kingdom that crosses her. How pleasant to know that we will be the ones to bring you down. Unless you want to capture this man that runs wild in my kingdom, he calls himself Jasper. I wish you good luck." I frowned not the name I wanted to hear, "of course your majesties." I bowed. Leaving the room. 

     "So, we need to find a guy with the name of Jasper. Sounds easier than Conan," I laughed. Trying my hardest to lighten the mood. "Sky we need to take our quest seriously, if we don't it could mean death, and not to us to them." "Sky you're a princess?" Winter questioned looking quite confused, "How come you aren't more proper?" 

     I laughed, "I hung out with a rowdy group of kids, I can tell you that." I headed towards a stand, looking for a crazy young man named Jasper, or at the least looking for a lead.