The Rumor

Sky's POV!

     I noticed Caleb looking behind us so often as we walked, I had surely learned to trust instincts. And if that what that is, its most likely a threat. I kept an eye behind us as well, using my sight. Nothing looked wrong though. Other than everyone's changing, it was all happening behind the scenes. Somewhere where I, couldn't tell. But, what?

     We weren't using our full powers of speed, trying to save energy. Just in case that woman, who claimed to be Caleb's relative, caught up to us. And I didn't really want to fight now, neither did Caleb. Con was terrified in battles anyways. Rex looked like he just wanted to win. Winter was definitely fighting for something. And Skytra was just being rebellious, not wanting to fight under someone who was wrong. 

      I turned heading towards an Inn, we could all use a slight rest. Rex and Winter were checking in when I heard someone talk about the legend behind Sky Rune. Instead of being rude, I walk over. "What is the legend of Sky Rune, I'm sorry I don't kno-" They cut me off there, "You don't know?! How? Everyone knows!!" Nice, so they are yelling in my face, I thought, but didn't interrupt as Tala told me not to. 

     "Fine, it went like, Sky Tune, or whatever her name is, will have amazing powers. She will fight with an army of six."I was starting to get sick of these three girls, until they said, "She is most known for the rumor that said, she will fight many mixes, a dragon army, the ogres of the mountain, and the giants of the underground." "Let's not forget the entire titan army!" Another piped in with a cheery voice. My eyes were wide, and I rushed to others. 

      They were already at the stairs leading to the room, Rex had ordered the biggest room. Thanks to his power. I waited until we got to the room to tell them, it was torture. Mainly, because the room was beautiful. The beds were properly made, everything was clean, there was a shower, there was a pool. I was in heaven but told them anyways. 

     I got several glances of astonishment, and a couple more glances like I was crazy. We were an army of eight, what did that mean? Caleb was the only one who didn't look concerned, he had that stupid poker face. Not changing expressions, I realized I did it as well, but that didn't mean I wanted to know what he was thinking.

     I turned to the two who had tagged along, "So, let's change the subject. Your names, again?" "Brandon," said the red-haired male, "and this is my girlfriend Lilith," he hugged the brown-haired girl. I smiled, he must be a giant sweetheart. The girl named Lilith blushed a dark red, she must be really sweet as well, I couldn't help but smile. 

     Still, the anxiety of the rumor, or was it a prophecy, held me down.