Cold - Simon Imagine

Title: Cold
Paring: Simon x Reader
Warnings: angst
Requested(?): yes, thank you

---

After the huge success that was Calfreezys lie detector test video he decided to make another one, this time with different people. It was Cal, Simon, Harry, and myself.

"Right guys we're going to play a simple game of black or white to determine who ends up in the hot seat first." We nodded and Harry had him clarify the game for the viewers.

"Alright, black or white!" We looked around and I was the odd one out.

"Damn it" I mumbled under my breath. I shot Simon a pleading look as if to say 'take it easy' and he smiled at me before sitting across the table from me.

The man that ran the lie detector machine hooked me up to all of the wires and I sat there in anticipation.

"First question Y/n, are you ready?" My boyfriend Simon asked as he pulled out his phone, the other boys doing the same.

"I'm going first." Cal said looking at me with an evil look on his eyes. "Have you ever wanted to fuck the YouTuber known as miniminter?"

I widened my eyes and shook my head, "fuck you Callum. Yes, I have."

"Truth." The man said. I felt my cheeks blush as the next question was sought out.

"Do you like JJ's music?" Simon asked.

"You know what, it's not my taste really but I respect him as an artist." I said.

"Also true." The man confirmed.

"Would you fuck WillNE?" Harry asked bluntly making me laugh.

"If I wasn't in a committed relationship I would." Simon looked at me and I laughed. "I said if I wasn't with you Simon." We all laughed it off after the man confirmed that this was indeed true.

After the next few questions that were equally as bad as the first questions, it was Simon's turn.

"Have you ever wanked over your girlfriend while she was out of town?" Cal asked, although I was pretty sure he already knew the answer by the look on his face.

"Yes." We all laughed and I pulled up my questions.

"Have you ever cheated on anyone while you were in a relationship?" I asked.

"Of course not." He said.

"He's telling the truth." The man said.

"He damn well better be too." Simon laughed and reached across the table to grab my hand.

"I love youuuu" he cooed like a child.

"I love you too idiot."

"Do you think Y/n is cold hearted?" Harry asked.

"No." He said.

"Lie" the man said, causing the boys to scream at the word. I sat there with an amused look on my face, although I was actually quite upset by the answer.

"Hey are you okay?" Cal asked while Harry and Simon swapped spots.

"I'm fine."

"You're acting different, are you su-"

"I'm fine Callum." I snapped, immediately feeling bad after seeing the look on his face.

For the rest of the game I held back a bit, not feeling like filming anymore.

Once we finished Simon and I said our goodbyes and headed back to the sidemen house. I had given Simon the silent treatment most of the way back, only talking if he asked a question.

"What's up with you?" Simon asked once he closed the door to his room.

"You know I never meant to be such a bitch to you"

"What? I never called you a bitch."

"With your answer being a lie it sure sounded like you implied it." He stayed silent for a few moments.

"Well you can sometimes be a bit cold hearted." I scoffed and turned around to look at him, both of my arms crossed over my chest.

"I'm the cold hearted one? What about you when we're in public and you never hold my hand or show me any sort of affection? Do you not realize how much that hurts?"

"I only do that to protect you from the fans."

"Protect me? You think I need protection?" I was practically screaming at this point.

"With the way you're acting now because of a stupid question I'd say you do."

"Fuck you! I'm not cold hearted I'm just trying not to get hurt by you Simon." His features softened at these words and he walked towards me, placing a hand on my arm and guiding me to sit down. The whole mood in the room changed because of that one sentence.

"You know I'd never hurt you intentionally." He rubbed my arm and I kept my eyes on the floor, not daring to look into his as I knew I wouldn't be able to handle my emotions if I did.

"That's the thing. It could happen unintentionally, like today." I finally looked at him to see a sad look on his face.

"I'm sorry, I truly am." He wrapped his arms around me and I felt a few small tears fall down my face.

"I never meant to be so mean to you. It was just my natural defense mechanism. You know I have a hard time trusting people."

"I know you do, and I wish there was something I could do to help. I guess we just have to talk more about the things that are bothering us." He said.

"Then can I make a confession?" I asked, having him nod after. "I don't like how anytime something seems like it's going to happen you put a stop to it. Like the other day when we were laying on your bed making out and I knew you wanted it but you just stopped and turned on a movie."

"I thought you didn't want to rush anything, that's why I always stopped it."

"Simon you left me hanging there. I basically had the female equivalent of blue balls." He laughed and I joined along, happy that we were both laughing now.

"If the mood ever comes again, I promise I won't stop it." He said tucking a piece of hair behind my ear.

"Good," I straddled his waist and began to kiss him roughly.

"I didn't expect it to be so soon." Simon laughed and I giggled, kissing him again.

"I'm full of surprises Minter."