Chapter 2

Harry

I opened the front door as quietly as I could. I was hoping I could sneak back up to my room before my parents stop me. Of course by time I got to the stairs, my dad made an 'ahem' sound. I turned towards him slowly. He was sitting in a reclining chair in our living room. "Harry Edward Styles, do you know how worried your mother is right now?" He asked. I tried to avoid any eye contact. I even tried to make a joke out of the situation. "Glad to know you were worried too, dad."

"Don't do that," he said, as he stood up. "I was worried, but you know how your mum gets."

As if it was right on que, my mum walked into the room from the kitchen. "Oh my god, Harry! Where have you been?! Are you hurt?" She asked. She brought me into a hug. "I'm fine mum," I said, "I was just at Mr.B's with Niall. I meant to text you but I forgot."

She pulled away from the hug, but her hands were still holding both my arms. "Forgot? Harry you can't forget to tell us where you're going you know I worry. You could've gotten hurt! Forgetting is no excuse."

I sighed, "I know mum I'm sorry. It won't happen again."

She let go of my arms and stood next to my dad. They're either thinking of a way to punish me as an excuse to keep me in the house, or they're thinking of another topic to talk about. It was the second one.

"So what'd you order?" My dad asked. I find it weird sometimes how involved my parents are with my life. Like, they're literally so involved, and they try to be super close to me. Guess that's what happens when you don't have siblings, or maybe my parents are just weirdos. I mean, who asks their kid what they order from a restaurant every time the kid goes out without them? My parents, that's who. "Got a grilled cheese," I said. It may be weird they ask, but I'm used to it. "Is that all?" Mum asked. "That and a couple of fries that came with it, but I didn't eat a lot of them," I said. They both nodded.

I swear, sometimes I wish I could read their minds. They're so weird.

"Well, are you still hungry?" My mum asked. I shook my head. "Are you sure sweetie? I can make you something."

"Anne, he said he was fine," my dad said. Thanks, dad. My mum sighed, "I'm just making sure my baby eats enough." And, here we go.

"He's not a baby."

"He's my baby."

"I'm gonna go to my room now," I said. Both my parents stopped me though. "Wait Harry, we wanted to ask you something," my mum said. I turned back around and said ok. "We were just wondering where you'd like to go to dinner on January 31, love. Anywhere you'd like," mum said. I shrugged, "I haven't thought about it."

"Well think about," my dad said, "let us know soon. If we have to make reservations we will."

I nodded, "yeah, I will."

I went up to my room after that. I got a text from Niall.

Niall: did they kill you? Am I ever gonna see you again?

Me: haha, I'm okay. They forgave me. See you tomorrow.

I threw my phone somewhere on my bed next to me. I decided to watch some tv for a bit before I hopped in the shower. The only thing on was a ton of crap tv shows. I flipped the channel once more, and a movie was on called "the lost boys." It's some vampire movie. Now typically I wouldn't care to watch a movie like this but it's the only thing really worth watching on tv tonight. I watched further and actually started to catch on to what was going on. These two brothers moved to this town with their mum and the older brother met a girl, and she's a vampire. She then led him to where she lives, and he realizes she lives with a ton of boys, who are- spoiler alert- also vampires. Needless to say the group of vamps decided to turn the poor guy, now all he has to do is feed on human blood to complete his transition into the undead. His little brother however is against the whole vampire thing and decides to help his older bro kill them all except the girl, who-you guessed it- he's in love with.

As I watched further I realized how cheesy the vampires were. I mean, they literally looked like gremlins with beaty yellow eyes and like 6 inch fangs. Plus as soon as they touched the sunlight they lit up in flames. I mean, you'd think they'd at least have a few seconds before they catch fire. Granted, this movie was made in the 80's, so it of course has to be a little cheesy.

By the end of the movie the family completely destroyed the vampire dudes. Like, brutally murdered them. "Unbelievable," I mumbled to myself. "What's unbelievable?" My dad asked, as he walked into my room. "Nothing," I said. He walked in further.

"Whatcha watching?" He asked. I shrugged, "just some vampire movie."

"Vampires, huh? Which one. Maybe I know it."

"The lost boys. It's super cheesy, but like in a cool way."

"Yeah most of them are cheesy, son. "

I gave my dad a weird look. "You say that like you're disappointed." He laughed a little, "I'm not. Anyway, why are you watching a movie like that anyway? Thought you didn't like scary."

"It's not scary dad, it's just really weird."

"It's considered horror."

"Are you gonna tell mum I'm watching a super cheesy horror movie then?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He crossed his arms, but gave my a big grin. "Nah, I won't. But it is getting late. I'd jump in the shower and go to bed if I were you. Besides you got school tomorrow." I rolled my eyes. That's my dad, always has to be responsible. "Yeah, I will. The movies almost over."

I turned my head back to my tv screen. My dad nodded, and walked out of my room. He seemed a little on bothered by me talking about the movie. Maybe he doesn't like vampires.

When the movie was finally over I got up, grabbed some pajamas and a new pair of boxers, and went into the bathroom to shower. As I was shampooing my hair, I thought I heard my name being called.

Haarryyy

It didn't sound like either of my parents. In fact it just sounded like a whisper in my head. I didn't respond to it until I heard it for a second time.

Haarryyy

"Hello?" I asked. No response. "Who's there?" I asked. The voice responded again.

Mine.

"Who are you?" I asked. I started to get anxious. My mum must have heard me, because she knocked on the bathroom door. "Harry dear, you okay? Who are you talking to?" I looked around to see if anyone was there, but I was alone. "Nobody mum, I'm fine," I said. I quickly finished washing myself and got out of the shower. I put my clothes on and brushed my teeth too.

My hair was still soaking wet but I didn't care, I just wanted to sleep. I laid my head down on my pillow and drifted off.

***
A/N tbh I love the lost boys but yeah it's cheesy as shit. Anyway next chapter soon.