Chapter 15

Harry

I sat on the couch watching some telly. Louis was doing something in the bedroom. Or at least he was. He snuck up behind me when I wasn't paying attention. "Harry!" 

"Jesus christ Lou-"

"I wanna take you somewhere and show you something," he said. I was kinda bored sitting at home, so why not. "uh, alright," I said. Louis already had his shoes and a jacket on. "C'mon get ready," he said. Why was he in such a hurry? It's not like we don't have all day. I also was feeling rather lazy so I wasn't extremely fast. When I got my shoes and jacket on I followed Louis out the door. We got in his car and he handed me some sunglasses to put on. He drove out of the parking garage after that. "Where are we going?" I asked. Louis smirked, "You'll see."

We arrived at a park just on the outskirts of town. There was a few people with their kids on the small playground. I'm guessing we aren't here to swing though. It was a rather nice day for February. I mean surprisingly there was barely any snow on the ground. The kids on the playground were bundled up with scarfs and hats. To me it wasn't really that cold out, then again I'm a vampire. 

Louis instructed me to follow him down a path. It led into the woods, but soon the trees disappeared and a clearing was revealed. There was nobody around but us. "What are we doing here?" I asked. Louis smiled, "well, you've been a vampire for over a week now. I thought it was time I show you what you can do."

Wait, does he mean show me all my vampire abilities and such? Not to kill the mood but I'm not really ready for that. It scares me to think about. "Louis you don't have-"

"I want to. I think you're ready. It'll be fun, I promise."

I was reluctant and scared that I was gonna get hurt or worse, hurt someone else. I eventually agreed anyway figuring Louis would protect me and any human that crosses my path. "Great, first I'll need you to change forms. You know, look like a vampire," he said. He changed without any issues within a few seconds. I had to concentrate since I'm still not used to doing this. Eventually with enough concentration I felt my fangs extend. When I opened my eyes the world appeared more clear which gave me the indication that my eyes were red. "Good," Louis said, "now you probably know, vampires are a lot faster then humans. I want you to run over to the other side of the field and back. Should take you a few seconds. All you have to do is concentrate on where you're going, your feet will do the rest."

I nodded. I'm not exactly a track star, nor am I in shape. Running across a field didn't sound very fun to me, but I listened to Louis anyway. At first nothing happened. I was running at a normal speed. After a few seconds I could feel my feet picking up pace and suddenly everything felt like it was in slow motion. I made it to the other side then turned back. When I saw Louis I tried to stop but I didn't know how. Instead I plowed right into him and he fell backwards with me on top of him. 

"Uh, sorry. I didn't know how to stop," I said. He laughed at me, "It's okay. Just gotta judge your distance better. It'll get easier." I nodded. I was still laying on top of Louis. He just stared at me and I stared back. Finally I broke the silence, "I uh, I'll get off you." I stood up and reached out a hand to help Louis up. He gladly accepted. I pulled him up with one hand rather quickly. Either he is really light or I got stronger. 

Probably both.

"Wow, good grip. The next thing I wanted to show you is your strength. See that boulder over there? Go pick it up," Louis said. I walked over to it. It wasn't a very large boulder, but it sure as shit was heavy. At first it wouldn't budge, but after a few seconds I picked it up without any issues. I carried it over to Louis, then set it down in front of him. "Good job, lad. I knew you wouldn't have any trouble," he said. I was pretty impressed with myself. 

Louis looked down, "there's one more thing I wanted to show you, but you don't have to do it. I know it can be a bit uncomfortable for some people." Nothing seems uncomfortable except drinking from an actual human neck. That's the only thing I'd say no to. "What is it?" I asked. Louis hesitated, "It's compelling someone."

Okay maybe that sounds uncomfortable too.

"You don't have to do anything drastic. In fact I'll do all the drastic stuff. You just have to compel them. I promise nobody will get hurt," he said. This really didn't sound like a good idea. I really wasn't sure about this, but something in my gut told me to trust Louis. Maybe I should just go along with it. "Fine," I said, "but I'm not hurting anyone."

"Like I said, Nobody will get hurt. I'll just have to take a little blood-"

"Forget it!"

"Harry, I have to. I can heal them after, our blood heals. All you have to do is compel them to forget it ever happened. It's easy."

"And what if I can't?"

"You can. I'll walk you through it."

This idea was starting to sound worse and worse. I'd be insane to say yes to it. I did anyway though. "Okay, but just this once," I said. Louis nodded. Of course we have to find someone first. There was currently nobody around. I could smell blood though, so I knew there was a person not far. "Cmon, this way," Louis said. I followed him down another path and soon a woman appeared, who was walking her small dog. "Perfect," Louis said. We walked closer to her, me walking slightly behind Louis. "Excuse me miss!" Louis said. The woman turned to us. 

I bet she's probably wondering why two strange teenage boys are walking towards her.

"You have a really pretty dog. What's his name?" Louis asked. The woman looked at her dog, "It's a girl, and her name is Molly." Louis smiled, "What a pretty name." He managed to get close enough to the woman so he could compel her. "Don't scream, give me your wrist," he said, looking into her eyes. The woman went silent and reached out her wrist to him. "Try to control yourself Harry," he said, before biting down into her skin. I didn't even think about the fact she would be bleeding. I covered my mouth and nose, then looked away. Louis only drank a little amount of blood before pulling away. Her dog, Molly, started barking at us. 

"Is there anyway to compel that dog to shut up?" I asked. Louis turned to me, blood dripping down his lips, "I wish." 

Louis bit into his wrist next and shoved it into the woman's mouth, forcing her to swallow some of his blood. Her wound healed rather quickly, leaving a small mark that looked like a scrape. "Okay, Harry. Now it's your turn to compel her. Make her forget."

I stepped closer to the woman, who looked absolutely terrified. "P-please, don't hurt me," she said. I shook my head, "I'm not going to." I looked at Louis for help on how to compel. "The trick is not only to convince her that what you're saying is true, but to also convince yourself. If you believe it, then so will she. Just look into her eyes, grab her attention, and tell her what you want her to believe," Louis said. I nodded, and looked into the woman's eyes. They were hazel, and filled with fear. "Take her pain away," Louis said. 

I took a deep breathe, and began. "You were walking in the woods with your dog and you fell. Your'e okay though. You scraped your wrist a bit that's why it's sore. We never did anything to you."

The woman's eyes went blank, and when I was done speaking she looked around. I backed away from her. "Are you okay miss?" Louis asked. She nodded, "Yeah, I just fell." I was relieved when she said that. I guess I did a good job. Louis helped her up, and she went on her way with her dog. As soon as she was out of sight I turned to Louis and smiled. "You did it!" he said. I got a little too overly excited and out of pure joy from my accomplishment I hugged Louis. He was startled but he hugged back. As soon as I realized what I was doing I pulled back. Louis held me in place so I was looking at him. "I'm proud of you, Haz," he said. "Haz?" I asked. He nodded, "yeah, it suits you." 

Are faces were inches apart once again. "We should go home," I said quietly. He nodded, "yeah, we will." My face started to turn red. He pulled away soon after that, and began walking away. I followed him. I knew what he wanted to do, but he refrained.

And I almost let him do it.

***

A/N hi again. 

I'm just chilling in my Han-Cave writing this chapter. Get it, cause my name is Hannah and it sounds like Man-Cave. hahaha. Wow now that I say it out loud it just sounds stupid. Ignore that. Anyway I will update soon. See ya xx