Chapter 10

Louis

February 1st, 1999

Anne was in labor for 14 hours, but had finally given birth to her baby boy. I was in the waiting room when the nurse told me I could go in. Liam followed behind me. Anne and Des were admiring the baby in Anne's arms. Of course Liam and I's presence interrupted their moment.

Des and I have never met before today, but Anne and I of course have. Boy she did not seem happy to see me. Liam sat in a chair, while I walked up to Anne on the other side of the hospital bed. I looked down at the baby, and he was the most beautiful baby I had ever seen. He was asleep, and he looked so peaceful.

"You must be Louis," Des said. I nodded, "yes sir, that's me." He gave me a friendly smile, while Anne tried her best but her smile told me she was sad. "What's his name?" I asked. "Harry," Anne said, "Harry Edward Styles."

The baby began to move a little. I wanted to hold him before he started crying, if he was even going to cry. "May I?" I asked. Anne hesitantly nodded, and handed me the baby. He was so small, so fragile. It was hard to believe one day this little guy will be a full vampire, and be with me.

"Hello Harry," I spoke softly. The baby yawned, and he slowly opened his eyes. It was like he knew what I said. "You're so beautiful," I whispered to him.He was looking right at me, with his beautiful green eyes. I wish he knew just how much I cared for him already.

"One day we're gonna be together," I whispered, "and I'm gonna make you happy."

He stared blankly at me. Anne was getting impatient. "I think that's good, Louis. I need to feed him," she said. I nodded. I took in my last remaining moments with him. It's going to be a long time till I hold him again. "I'll see you in 18 years, my love," I whispered. I kissed his tiny forehead, and handed him back to his mother.

Until we meet again Harry, I will cherish this moment.

***
Present

I can still remember that day so clearly. The first time I laid eyes on my beautiful mate. Even as a baby he was perfect. I often think about that day. It was the only memory I had of him in person until now.

I laid back on the couch, scrolling through my camera roll and looking at all the pictures of Harry Anne sent me through the years. There wasn't that many, but I loved all of them. He looked beautiful in every one. I wish he knew just how much he means to me. I would tell him but I don't want to scare him. He may not have a choice on living here, but he has a choice to like me, and I want him to like me. Not only that, but eventually I want him to love me. Of course I'll give him time, it doesn't happen over night.

I got up and walked towards the bedroom. I just wanted to check on him. I quietly opened the door and peaked in. Harry was sound asleep, laying on top of the comforter on the bed. Our bed. He looked adorable, it took everything in me not to go over there and kiss his head. I also see that he found his stuff, because his backpack and belongings were scattered next to him on the bed. He must've dozed off going through everything. Poor boy was tired.

I felt bad he didn't have a blanket over him, so I quickly went to the kitchen and grabbed the fluffy blanket I bought him. I quietly stepped into the bedroom and covered him with it. He moved a little, but he didn't wake up.

Man I wish I could cuddle with him right now.

I walked out of the room and closed the door behind me. I resumed my previous position on the couch. I was about to go to sleep but then my phone rang. I picked it up. "Hello?"

"Hey Louis, how's it going now?"

"Liam, its 2 in the bloody morning, what do you need?"

"So? I was just checking in. How is Harry now?"

"He's sleeping."

"Where are you?"

"On the couch. I'm not gonna force him to share a bed with me."

"Well eventually you'll be doing a lot more then sharing a bed."

"Liam!"

"Okay okay. Sorry for calling by the way, I just figured you'd be awake."

"Yeah well I'm about to go to sleep, so goodbye."

Liam said bye then we hung up. I put my phone down on the coffee table. As I was about to lay back, I heard my name.

"Louis?"

I recognized that wonderful voice from anywhere. I looked back towards the hall and saw a sleepy Harry standing there. He looked so beautiful even when he's half awake. I loved the way my name rolled off his tongue. I could listen to him say it all day. "Yes love-Harry?" I was trying more to use his given name rather then nicknames so he won't be so freaked out.

"I uh, got kinda thirsty again," he said, while looking down and playing with his thumbs. He sounded embarrassed. If my heart worked normally, it'd skip a beat right now. He actually came to me for help. It's been one day and we're making progress.

Shut up Louis, just get him some blood.

"Of course, I'll get you something." I got up and walked towards the kitchen. He sat down at he island and waited. I poured some blood into a metal bottle so he wouldn't make a mess. Newborns can be a bit compulsive. I handed it to him, and he muttered a 'thanks' to me. He drank it all in under 10 seconds. I swear I'm never gonna get used to newborns eating habits; they're literally hungry all the time. Luckily Harry will grow out of this faze pretty soon, before he kills our blood supply.

He put the bottle down, and wiped his lips. I could tell he still wasn't used to doing that. "All better?" I asked. He nodded, "mhmm". His eyes started getting droopy as he dazed off. Sometimes blood has that effect on you, it makes you tired. Not to mention Harry was tired before this. "M'gonna go back to bed," he said. I nodded, "okay. Goodnight, Harry. If you need anything you know where I am." He nodded and stood up. "Goodnight, Louis."

Man I will never get used to that.

***

A/N I know this chapter was kinda crappy and Liam is kinda annoying right now but it'll get better I promise. Oh, and I love u guys.