Chapter 12

Louis

Harry fell asleep while I remained awake for another hour or two. I cleaned up the bathroom floor where Harry had bled on, then rejoined him in bed. He looked so peaceful while being curled up under the covers. I laid facing him, admiring his beauty. It was tempting to cuddle with him, but I refrained from doing so. He still isn't completely used to being here and being around me. I know this is still hard for him. 

I leaned in slowly and kissed his forehead, hoping he didn't notice. He appeared to still be out of it so I doubt he did. As creepy as it may sound, watching him sleep was peaceful and relieving for me. I just love knowing that he is still able to rest without freaking out. I want him to feel safe, and to feel at home. Eventually maybe even feel loved. I can't wait for the day he accepts us being together. I want to make him feel everything he has ever wanted, including things physical. The day we finally make love will be the best day of my life, and hopefully his too. I can't force him to love me though, it has to happen on its own. 

I often think about the future, our  future. I imagine it being filled with enjoyment. We are both happy and in love, and everything is perfect. Of course that life would be ideal, but in reality I know it will have its struggles. Everybody has struggles. I just hope ours won't be as heavy. I will do everything in my power to make this boy happy. He deserves everything. 

I took one last look at him, before I closed my eyes. I thought about moving to the couch to give him some space again, but I really didn't want to. I figured in the morning when Harry wakes up he'd just think we fell asleep together on accident. Either way I decided to stay with him, and I soon fell asleep as well.

***

Harry

When I woke up, the first thing I did was yawn. I took in my surroundings as well, and I noticed I wasn't alone in the bed. Louis was asleep next to me. Something about that scared me, but it also comforted me to know I wasn't alone. I really wanted to get up because I was starving, but I also didn't want to wake Louis. I thought about whether I trusted myself getting my own food, and I decided I might as well try. 

I slowly rose from the bed trying not to wake Louis in the process. I went to the kitchen next, and as soon as I opened the fridge the smell of blood hit me hard. I knew right there this was going to be difficult. I grabbed a blood bag and put it on the counter, closing the fridge behind me. I wanted to tare it open and drink it straight from the bag but I'd probably make a mess. It took everything in me to refrain from doing that. My mind kept pressuring me to just drink it but with the little self control I had I grabbed a cup out of the cabinet. I knew the metal bottle would've been a better thing to grab, but I thought maybe if I had enough control to grab a blood bag without ripping it open, then maybe I was ready for a normal cup. At least, I hoped I was. 

All I needed to do now is pull the flab on the bag and gently poor some blood into the cup. I tried to mentally prepare myself, but every time I touched the bag I pulled my hand back right after. This was going to be difficult. 

C'mon just do it you big baby.

I wasn't afraid of the bag, I was afraid of myself. Who knows, I could open it and then all of a sudden the kitchen could be covered in blood from me attempting to drink it. I shouldn't be this nervous. Okay, I'm gonna do it. Here I-

Before I could finish my thought, there was a knock at the door. I put the blood bag down. I was hoping Louis heard the knock and he was on his way to answer it. I waited a few seconds but he never came out.