Chapter 6

Harry

It's Friday morning. My birthday is tomorrow.

Oddly enough though, I didn't have that weird/creepy dream last night. I slept rather well actually. My mum and dad were downstairs. Mums probably making breakfast and dads probably reading something on his phone. Or so I thought.

When I walked downstairs there were balloons tied to every chair on the island, and there was a cake sitting in front of my usual seat. Mum and dad were standing in front of the sink as I sat down. "You know it's not my birthday yet, right?" I asked. Mum giggled, "yeah but you're going to be 18. Why not celebrate today and tomorrow!" I raised any eyebrow, then lightly smiled and looked down at the cake. It said 'happy birthday Harry', in red icing. The rest of the cake was covered in white, whippy frosting. Mum knows I don't like thick, buttercream frosting.

"I'm guessing the inside is yellow cake?" I asked. Mum smiled, "of course. It's your favorite!" I'm pretty basic when it comes to how I like my cakes but whatever. Mum cut me a piece and set it in front of me along with a fork. As I started eating, mum started talking again. "Oh by the way dear, Niall is here."

"Wha-"

Before I could finish what I was saying, Niall jumped out of our walk in pantry and yelled "surprise!!" I nearly choked on cake. "Niall uh- w-why?" My heart was still beating kinda fast. He laughed at me, "because it's a celebration! And also I drive you to school so I would've been here anyway."

Yeah but you didn't have to scare the shit out of me.

"Anyway dear, have a good day at school. Tonight we are going to Priscilla's for dinner, don't forget," mum said. Priscilla's is a fancy Italian restaurant in the city next to ours. My parents told me when picking a restaurant to go to, pick it as if it's going to be your last meal, and I love me some pasta.

I quickly ran upstairs to get ready after finishing my cake, then ran back down with my stuff. I waved my family goodbye, then Niall and I left.

When we got to school as usual, we went to my locker first. Niall was acting weird. It wasn't until he pulled a wrapped present out of his bag when I realized why. "Happy birthday, mate! Well, sort of birthday," he said. I laughed a little, and took the present. "Thanks Ni." He urged me to open it, so I did. It was a picture frame, and it contained a picture of Niall and I from my last birthday. We were both smiling, and I was holding the card he got me. "Does this mean we have to take a picture of us with the frame this year so you can give it to me next year?" I joked. Niall laughed, "nah, I'll figure something out for next year later."

I really appreciated this gift

I really appreciated this gift. It meant a lot to me, since after all,  Niall's my only friend.

We went through the rest of the day like normal. When I got home was when things started to get weird. My parents were home before me, which is odd. They were both in the kitchen when I walked in. They were talking about something privately until I interrupted them with my presence. "Oh sweetie, you're home early," mum said. I scrunched my eyebrows and looked at her confused, "mum it's 3:00, I get home at this time everyday." Not that she would know, she's never home this early.