Chapter 3

Harry

I woke up in a room that had nothing in it. Well, except me.

I stood up off the black and white checkered floor and looked to see if there was a door. There wasn't. Only 4 walls, painted red. There was only one light in the room, and it was hovering over me in the center. The light began to dim though.

"Hello?" I called out. I heard the voice again.

"Haarryyy."

"W-who's there? P-please, who are you?"

"Don't be afraid Harry."

"H-how do you know my name?"

The voice didn't respond. Suddenly, I figure emerged in the corner of the room. I could barely pick it out. I could hear the figure lightly laughing at me. It sounded like a man. "My dear Harry. If only you knew."

"Knew what?" I asked, suddenly gaining a little confidence. The figure stepped slightly closer to me, but I still couldn't see their face. "If only you knew the truth lovely. But don't worry, you'll know soon."

The lights suddenly went out, and I couldn't see anything. I'm terrified of the dark. My breathing started to become heavy. Before I knew what was happening, I felt a two hands on my waist. The figure was standing behind me. I could feel their breath on my neck, and as it whispered in my ear. "I'm coming for you."

***

I sat up in my bed and gasped for air. It was just a bad dream.

I looked at my alarm clock and it read 6:28. It's supposed to go off in 2 minutes. I turned it off before it could. I got up and rubbed my eyes with my hands. I got dressed and went downstairs. Mum was already up making breakfast. "You're up early," she said. I sat down at the kitchen island. "Yeah, woke up right before my alarms supposed to go off."

"Did you sleep well sweetie?"

"Had a weird dream."

She laid a plate of eggs, bacon, and toast in front of me. She turned the stove off, and leaned on the island looking at me. "Do you wanna talk about it?" She asked. I shook my head, and bit into my toast. "It was just weird."

"Sounds weird," she said. I continued to eat my breakfast when my dad came downstairs. He kissed my mum good morning, then said hi to me. When I finished my food, I checked my phone to see if Niall had texted me. He did.

Niall: be there in 10. Get ready.

I shoved my phone in my pocket and ran upstairs to brush my teeth. I looked at myself in he mirror. God I look exhausted. When I was done in the bathroom, I grabbed my backpack, put my shoes on, and went downstairs to the door. "Bye mum, bye dad!" I said. "Bye sweetie have a good day," mum said, she quickly made her way to the front door and gave me a kiss on the cheek. "I will," I said. I then went out the door, where Niall was waiting for me by his car.

"Took ya long enough," he said. Of course he was joking, since he was only waiting for like a minute. I hopped in the passenger seat and he drove us to school. "You know Harry, you're gonna be 18. You should at least get a car. Not that I mind driving you around, but I can't drive you forever." He's right. My parents let me get my license at 16 but they never got me a car. I occasionally drive my dads around, but only to local places like the store. I asked them for a car one time and they told me they couldn't afford one, so I didn't ask again. Although for some reason I don't believe them, I think it's because they're paranoid I might drive away and never come back. "I'll get one eventually, Niall," I said.

When we got to school, I went to my locker. I mainly just keep books in there. Niall doesn't even use his locker. I was a little out of it today. Niall must've noticed. "You okay, mate?" I nodded, "M' okay. Just a little distracted."

"Wanna tell me why?" He asked. I wasn't planning on talking about it, but maybe I should. Besides it's Niall, he won't freak out like my mum. "Just had a bad dream. It was super weird."

"Like how weird? I've had weird dreams before too."

"Yeah I know you have and trust me, it's nothing like yours."

He took a little offense to that, but then shrugged it off. "Anyway, you were saying, Harry?"

"Right so I was in this room, and I was trapped. But I wasn't alone. There was this man with me, or at least I thought it was a man. He started talking to me, saying that he was gonna come for me."

"That sounds creepy. But it's just a dream, mate."

"Yeah but it felt so real. It felt like, I was really there with him."

The 5 minute bell rang for class. "Yeah well, you're here now," Niall said, "and that man is not. So let's go to class." I nodded. As I walked to class, I swear something didn't feel right. I felt like I was being watched. I couldn't focus for the whole day at school, and even after I got home I still couldn't focus.

My parents didn't get home till around 6 and they brought home Chinese food. We ate in silence at the table. After I was done I decided to call it an early night and go to bed.

***

A/N I swear this story will get better.

By the way I do not live in the U.K and I still don't completely understand how the schooling system works so despite they live there, the schooling system will be like how it is in the U.S.  they're in high school, they can wear whatever they want to school minus like obviously inappropriate stuff, and Niall and Harry are both seniors.