Chapter 13

Harry

3 days went by rather quickly. Louis and I pretty much did the same thing everyday; watched TV and occasionally played a game or two. On Wednesday I even took a nap around 2pm-ish. We've slept in the same bed every night. I wasn't completely comfortable with it yet, but I was getting more used to it. Today is Friday, and Louis told me that we could go shopping. We were supposed to go yesterday but he didn't feel I was ready to be around people yet, but today I feel like I can control myself.

Louis was finishing up in the bathroom while I put some shoes on. I borrowed a pair of converse from Louis, which were a little small on me but not so small that they were uncomfortable to walk in. I was also wearing a pair of his black jeans, a green hoodie, and a thin white T-shirt under it. He was taking forever to blow dry his hair. I would've just let the air dry it. When he was done he walked out and put his shoes on as well.

"Ready to go?" he asked. I nodded. I must admit I was kinda nervous to see the world again, especially being a vampire now and all. Louis sat beside me on the edge of the bed and rubbed my back. "Hey, you'll be fine. I'm not gonna let anything happen to you," he said. "It's not me I'm worried about," I mumbled. Louis sighed, "well if you wanna stay home we ca-"

"No! I wanna go, I do. I'm just nervous. I'll be okay though, just don't let me hurt anyone," I said. Louis nodded. He was really the only person I could rely on right now even if I didn't want to rely on anyone. "I just don't think i'll be able to do this on my own," I spoke quietly. Louis furrowed his eyebrows, "go to the mall? be around people?"

"No, I mean be a vampire."

Louis looked down. he continued rubbing my back though. "I know it isn't easy, but you will never be alone Harry. You have me, whether that means something to you or not." I really didn't want to admit this, but Louis does kinda mean something. I mean, he's the only person I really have at the moment, even if I still didn't completely trust nor like him yet. He's the best shot I have at surviving.

"We can go," I said, and with that, we stood up. I followed Louis to the door, and waited as he unlocked everything. "Just stay close to me. No running off. Remember, I will find you if you do, and also you could potentially get hurt, and we don't want that happening," he said. Although running away sounded tempting, right now I was too afraid to leave his side.

Louis opened the door and allowed me to walk out, then soon closed it once we were both in the hallway. I followed him to the elevator and we got in. So far we haven't come across any people, which might have been a good thing. The elevator took us straight to a parking garage, in which Louis' black range rover was parked, not too far away either. We walked over to his car when a woman was just getting out of her car just a few spots over. I noticed her right away. Louis gently pushed me towards the passenger door and made me get in. He shut the door for me and walked over to the other side of the car, getting into the drivers seat. "Did you smell her? Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded, "Yeah I did a little bit, and I'm okay. It wasn't that strong."

Louis started the car and drove off. he handed me a pair of sunglasses he got out of the middle counsel. "Put these on," he said. I listened, fearing what daytime might look like to me now. Louis was also wearing a pair. When we reached the street, I noticed a few people walking down the sidewalk. I couldn't smell their blood from inside the car though, which was good. I looked out the window as Louis drove and watched as we passed many buildings. Some were big, some were small. I didn't recognize any of them, but the buildings appeared to have a similar build to the ones I grew up around. Plus Louis is driving on the left side of the road.

So we're still in England.

The city we were in appeared to be small considering it didn't take long to pass through what I assumed was downtown. As we made our way to a more suburban area, the houses appeared to be a bit old. Although my mum would say they are vintage. We passed a sign that read 'You are now leaving Doncaster'. I've never heard of Doncaster before. I'm guessing there weren't any malls in the city though.