Chapter 20

Harry

I felt as if the whole world was standing still just then. I couldn't completely process what I had just done. I didn't even think about it, I just knew I wanted it. However, sometimes what you want isn't what's best. Niall was screaming out in pain for a solid 3 minutes until he finally stopped and died. He was only lifeless for a few seconds until coming back to us. I watched as his wound healed completely, and all that was left was dried up blood and his neck and hand. His eyes flickered open and they were a crimson red. The three of us looked down on him as he stared back up. He wasn't able to make a word. "How do you feel?" Liam asked him. He slowly sat up, feeling his newly grown fangs.

"I don't think he knows what to say," I commented. I had changed back into my normal self after Louis had told me how to. My fangs disappeared and the feeling was almost as weird as having them. Niall however, didn't know how to make them disappear. Louis said for the first hour maybe he might not be able to retract them. It's different for everyone who's turned.

Niall blinked a few times and looked around. I reached my hands out to help him stand an he accepted. For once, I didn't feel like I was colder then him; We were the same temperature. "H-Harry," he spoke. "Shh it's okay Ni," I said, "I know it's weird. Believe me, I'm still not used to it." He nodded, and let go of my hands.

"So what now?" Liam asked. Louis was quick to respond. "We leave."

The four of us went upstairs and packed Niall's stuff quickly. Not everything obviously, just clothes and some essentials and stuff he wanted to keep, like a few books and his iPod. We left after that. Louis had directed Niall to give him directions to where his parents worked. We had to alter their memory of Niall. I know it sounds shitty, but we can't just erase everything they know of him. Other people will ask where he is too. As unfortunate at it sounds, we have to compel them to think Niall is dead. They don't have to feel sadness though, we can't take that away too. If they can even feel that, they are pretty fake people.

"Here", Niall spoke. His parents worked in the same building but a different department. Liam and Niall stayed in the car while Louis and myself went in. I know they'd recognize me so I put my hood on and a pair of fake glasses I found in Niall's room, not that it's any better. Louis compelled the front desk lady to direct us to the correct floor. Lucky for us his parents were on lunch at the same time, and they always eat in Niall's dads office. Louis kept compelling people as we passed so nobody asked questions. We knocked on his dads office door and he opened. "May I help you?" Richard, Niall's dad, asked. Louis nodded and we walked passed him inside. "Shut the door," Louis said. Richard listened out of confusion and fear. "Who are you?" Melanie, Niall's mum, asked. Louis smirked, "my names Seth, I'm here to discuss your son Niall."

"Niall? What has he done this time?" Richard asked. Melanie scoffed, "probably got detention again didn't he. That boy never learns." I could tell Louis was surprised on how they reacted to hearing their sons name. They aren't the greatest people. "Actually it's a bit different then that ma'm," Louis spoke, then made sure they were both looking at him so he could begin the compelling. "Niall ran away last night with a friend. They were both in a terrible car crash. I'm sorry but your son is dead. You went to see the body and unfortunately it's very gruesome so you won't be able to have an open casket funeral. Instead there will be a memorial you will hold for him. After all, he is your son."

Louis added emotion to that last part, hoping they'd care more. His parents looked mortified at first, but then it was replaced with curiosity. "Wonder who the friend was. I thought he only had one friend, that curly haired boy, but he went to live with relatives awhile back," Richard said.

"Never mind that Richard," Melanie said, "we have to have a memorial for him. After all that's what Greg would want."

Louis raised an eyebrow, "isn't that what you want to?"

Melanie shrugged, "I mean he's our son but he only had one friend. It's a lot of money to have a memorial for someone when only a handful of people would show up. But of course, Greg loved his brother. He would want that."

I couldn't believe the nerve of these people. It's like they can't admit they ever loved Niall. "Cmon Louis lets go," I said. Richard raised an eyebrow, "I thought your name was Seth-"

"Never mind that, we were never here, goodbye," Louis compelled them. We walked out the door without a second thought. I never want to see them again. "I don't want to compel them to not feel the pain of losing Niall," I said, "they don't deserve it." Louis nodded, "I don't think they'd feel it anyway."

As painful as this event was, I'm not gonna tell Niall his parents don't care. When we got back to the car I took my seat in the back next to Niall as Louis and Liam sat in the front. "How'd it go?" Niall asked. I lightly smiled, "fine. You don't have to worry about them anymore."

The drive was long and quiet.  Niall leaned on my shoulder and took a nap. He was tired, and when he wakes up he will probably be hungry. Hell he is probably hungry now. We arrived back at the flat eventually. I helped Niall upstairs into the flat and sat him down on the couch. Louis got him some blood and he didn't hesitate to take it. He was starving. "H-how does this taste amazing?" He asked, with blood covered lips. He laughed a little, "cause vampires, dude."

I looked over at Louis, who was looking at me admirably. He made me feel really loved and safe, which is something I've had a hard time feeling from anyone. Niall was getting tired again. We let him rest on our couch, while Liam occupied the chair and fell asleep. I was tired too, and so was Louis, so we took our room. I crawled into bed next to him and he smiled. "I'm really proud of you Harry," he said. I was proud of me too.

"I wasn't the only one proud worthy though. You did great with his parents."

"Those people were a bunch of bananas. Dealing with them didn't take effort."

I laughed a little. Louis took that as an opportunity to wrap an arm around me. I leaned into him. "I love you, you know," he said. I smiled, "yeah I know."

"And?"

"And what?"

"Oh don't think I didn't hear you a few nights ago."

I was caught. Maybe I didn't care though. I looked up at him and smiled big, "I love you too." And that allowed us to both fall into a peaceful sleep, but not before Louis kissed me. Of course, Liam just had to ruin it.

"Hey, no funny business in there!"

~~~~~

A/N hi guys. Hey look I updated in a timely manner. Also I didn't use Niall's parents real names because his actual parents are sweethearts. Hope you enjoy this. Comment/vote.