Chapter 14

Harry

I couldn't sleep that night, and I didn't know why. Louis was out cold next to me, while I just stared at the ceiling. The room was too quiet for my liking. It was almost suspenseful. I turned on my side and looked at the picture of Niall and I on the nightstand. We both looked so happy. Even though this picture was taken only a year ago, it felt like a million years have gone by. We were just kids then, and now everything is different. I wonder if he thinks about me, or wonders where I am.

Does he even remember me?

I couldn't think about that now. Even if I somehow manage to get back to him, I'll still be a vampire. Louis will find me if I run, and I do believe that now. It was really hard to think about my life without my parents or my only friend. I was slowly becoming depressed, but I tried not to let it stick to me. I can't afford to be utterly unhappy all the time. Right now I have to be positive, even if I never see Niall or my parents ever again. I guess my only option is to move on, though it will be difficult.

I grabbed the pocket watch off the nightstand and opened it so I could see the picture of my parents and I. Tears were forming in my eyes but I held them back as I thought about what they were doing now. Probably not looking for me, since they know Louis took me. Maybe they're going crazy thinking about how to get over losing me. They aren't the only one who lost someone though.

You know what the saddest part of this all is? The only thing I have left of them and Niall, are pictures.

I got up and went over to my backpack on the other side of the room. Louis had put all the stuff he bought me for my birthday in there, including the Ipod. I grabbed it out along with the headphones, and put the earbuds in my ears. I scrolled through all the music until I found a song I liked. I sat on the recliner in the corner of the room, and just listened to the sound of Lord Huron- The night we met.

I fell asleep like that. Sometimes music is the key to get you to sleep. I couldn't tell you how many times the song changed because I wasn't awake enough to notice.

When I woke up the next morning, there was a hand shaking me. It was Louis of course. Hozier was playing when I took out my earbuds to hear him speak. "Hey, why are you over here?" he asked. I shrugged, "couldn't sleep. I wanted to listen to music." He nodded, "well do you want something to drink?"

"Sure," I said, "I'll meet you out there in a minute." Louis walked out while I put the Ipod away. I noticed the bags from yesterday weren't on the floor anymore. I got up and opened the walk in closet. On the left was all of Louis' stuff, and on the right was mine. He must've put it all away for me. The comforter and bed sheets were half way off the bed, and all bundled up. God, we're a mess. I went to the bathroom to take a wee. I noticed right away by looking in the mirror that there were bags under my eyes. It's not like I was sleep deprived. I could literally feel the loneliness building up inside me. Louis may be physically here, but he wasn't really here. He doesn't understand how I feel.

I walked into the kitchen and sat at the island, like I usually do. Louis handed me my drink and we both drank in silence. Typically Louis would ask me questions like 'how'd you sleep?' or 'Are you feeling alright today?'. But today was different. He seemed particularly out of it. I wondered if he would tell me what was wrong if I asked. I didn't though, because I figured he'd be uncomfortable with the topic. "We're going to Liam's today," he said, "he invited us over." I remembered him saying something about the invite a few days ago. I wasn't exactly excited about it but It is a change in scenery after all. "When?" I asked. "Around 3," he said. I nodded. I should probably shower then.

It didn't take me long to get ready. Louis took the longest, and you'd think with my curly hair I'd take longer. My hair actually doesn't get in the way most of the time. It kinda just does its thing. I got dressed in the closet while Louis was showering. I sat on the couch after that and listened to some music until we were ready to go.