Unwanted Guest at the Dinner Table

PRYCE'S POV
I laid in bed with Colbi and Jr., while they spoke gibberish with each other. We been here in Cancun for about two days now and I must say, this place is beautiful. I wish I brought a friend or something because everybody all buddied up together and I'm over here with the babies, not that I didn't mind.
I decided that we should go out for a little while, so I put them in their stroller and we made our way downstairs. The hotel was huge, I might need a tour guide just to get back to my room.
I pushed the stroller and looked around at the scenery, until I came to a rough stop.
"Oops! I'm so sorry, are you okay?" This cute, short, hispanic girl says as she moves her stroller back.
"Yea, I'm cool," I bend down to check on the twins and they were sleeping, "you okay?"
"Yea, I'm fine. I'm really sorry, I wasn't paying attention." She smiled.
"It's okay, me neither:"
We stood there smiling at each other, until the little boy that was in her stroller, started whining. She put a pacifier in his mouth before standing back up.
"I- uh - I should go." She started to walk away.
"Wait, what's your name?"
"Elizabeth, but people call me Lizzie."
"I'm Pryce."
"Well, nice to meet you, Pryce. I should really get going, I'll see you around."
She walked away and out of my sight. I continued my journey around the hotel for a couple more minutes before heading back upstairs and bumping into my mom.
"Hey! It's grandma's babies." She walked over and have the sleeping babies kisses.
"What about me?"
"It's my favorite baby." She chuckled, giving me a kiss in the cheek.
"Where you about to go?"
"Down to the gym, your momma gotta stay in shape." She did a 360 and laughed.
"I'll see you later."
She walked away and I walked to Corie's door, knocking. Don came to open the door and he let me in.
"Where's Corie?"
"She's in the shower."
I took the babies out and laid them on the bed, before pushing the stroller in the corner.
"So, what's happening later on?"
"I'm not really sure. I think we're going on some tour around the city."
"Sounds cool."
The bathroom door opened and out walked Corie, dripping wet and wrapped in a towel.
"Oh, hey Pryce. What are you doing here?"
She walked in between Don and I and sat on the bed where the twins were.
"I just came to drop the twins off and see what was going on today."
"Tour of the city and then dinner at a fancy restaurant arranged by my mother."
"What time should I be ready?"
"The tour is at five, so around four."
"Got it. I'll see y'all later."
I walked back to my room to take quick nap before getting ready for the tour.
On the tour bus, I was met up with that pretty girl from earlier.
I walked over to where she was sitting, with a friend, and sat next to her.

"Twice in one day? What are the odds?" I chuckled.
She giggled, "Pryce, right?"
"Yea and you're Elizabeth, but people call you Lizzie."
She smiled, "this is my friend, Judy, Judy this is Pryce.
Her friend waved politely before turning her attention back to her phone.
"So, Lizzie, I wanna take you out tonight."
"Are you asking or telling me?"
"Which answer would make you say yes?"
"Asking me." She laughed.
"Lizzie, will you go out with me tonight?"
"Sure. Where are you gonna take me?"
"My family and I are going to a fancy dinner tonight and I would love it if you escorted me to it."
"I'd love to."
We exchanged numbers and I headed back to where the family was.
"Who was that?" My mom asked.
"Elizabeth, she's gonna be escorting me tonight to the dinner."
"You invited her without asking us?" Corie butted in.
"I didn't think it was a big deal, it's just one more person."
"That's not the problem, the problem is you're inviting some random to a family dinner."
I rolled my eyes at Corie and everything she said went in one ear and out the other.
"Babe, I think it's nice for him to bring someone along. He is the only who's not paired up with somebody." Don commented.
"That's true." Aaliyah and Anthony commented, causing everyone else to nod their heads in agreement.
The rest of the tour was silent until we got to the hotel and words were said.
"I just don't understand why she has to come. You just met this girl and you're already inviting her to a family gathering."
Everything Corie was saying was going in one ear and out the other.
"Just shut up about it already, she's coming, so that's the end of it."
"For real Corie, you acting like a jealous ex girlfriend or something." Aaliyah commented causing everyone to snicker.
"Shut ya ass up." She grabbed the twins stroller and walked away from the group, with Don following behind her.
"Well, honey, I can't wait to meet your new friend." My mom gave me a kiss on the cheek before walking away with my dad.
"I agree." Corie's mom said before walking away with her husband.
"I better like her." Aaliyah smirked before walking away with her boyfriend.
"Welp, this should be fun."
A couple hours later, the dinner was being taken place and we were all seated at the table.
Lizzie sat next to me, reading the menu, while everyone else was having light conversation amongst themselves.
Corie kept giving Lizzie the stank eye, but Lizzie didn't notice.
"So, Lizzie, what do you do for a living?" Corie questioned.
"I'm a nurse."
"Do you live here in Cancun?"
"No, I'm out here visiting family."
"So, where do you live?"
"Jesus, Corie, are you a fucking detective? What's with all the questions?" I sighed and rolled my eyes.
"I'm just trying to get to know her, that's all. Get your panties out of a twist."
"It's okay, Pryce. I live in North Carolina with my son and my little brother."
"How old is your son?" My mom asked.
"He'll be one tomorrow."
"Pryce has two kids as you can see," I looked over at the twins who were sitting in their high chairs, making noises at each other, "do you think you can handle two more kids?"
"Mom, you're thinking too much into this. We just met each other, we still need time to get to know each other."
"You should have done that first before inviting her to a family gathering." Corie mumbled.
"Chill out, he can do whatever he wants." Don spoke to her.
She looked at him with a, "nigga get the fuck out my face", look.
The rest of the dinner consisted of smart remarks from Corie and everyone else telling her to shove it up her ass basically.
Dinner was over and we were standing outside, waiting on our ride.
"Thanks for inviting me out tonight even though, a certain someone doesn't like me."
"Yea, I'm sorry about that. She was acting like a crazy baby mama."
She giggled, "It's cool, she's just protective of the family. I would be the same way too, if my baby daddy brought some random girl to a family dinner."
We shared a laugh and stared at each other until her ride came, "we should do this again sometime."
"Most definitely."
I smiled as I watched her walk away. I could see a future with this girl.

It's been toooo long!! There's one or two more chapters left, okay? Don't forget to vote, comment, and all that other good stuff😊

BTW: DID NOT EDIT THIS SO EXCUSE ANY MISTAKES!