19

Harrison and Carrie went to dinner that night as planned. Then, after dinner, they went for a ride around Los Angeles and Beverly Hills.

He drove with all the windows down, the dogs in the backseat, and the radio blaring. Carrie got to see another side of Harrison. He loved to sing. Especially country music.

She had no idea where he was taking her. He was using the gps on the dashboard that she couldn't see from the passenger seat. Every time she tried to look, he pushed her shoulder away.

The song switched and he immediately turned the volume up even more. As it started, Carrie watched the title Yours by Russell Dickerson cross the screen.

Harrison started to sing and Carrie would admit, he sounded really good singing to country music.

"I was a boat stuck in a bottle
That never got the chance to touch the sea
Just forgot on the shelf
No wind in the sails
Going no where with no one but me
I was one in one-hundred billion
A burned out star in a galaxy
Just lost in the sky wondering why
Everyone else shines out but me.

But I came to life when I first kissed you
The best me has his arms around you
You make me better than I was before
Thank God I'm yours."

Carrie took over at the next verse.

"I was a worn out set of shoes
Wandering the city street
Another face in the crowd
Head looking down
Lost in the sound of a lonely melody
Empty pockets at a roulette
Always landing on a lost bet
Just live for the spin and hope for the win
Go all in just to lose again."

They kept going until they reached the end of the song. By the time the song ended, the dogs were howling along in the backseat.

"You're a pretty good singer I will admit."

A wide grin crossed his face. "You don't sound so bad yourself."

"I used to sing a lot with my mom. My dad was a singer. And my ex is a singer."

He took his eyes off the road to look at her. "What ex is this? Have I heard of him?"

"Paul Simon."

"You dated Paul Simon?"

Carrie nodded. "For a little bit. And if you can get Paul Simon to write a song about you, do it."

"What happened between you two?"

"It just fell apart."

Then she perked up. "You have some big shoes to fill."

"Luckily for you, I happen to be a good singer. Maybe we should start a band."

Carrie laughed so hard. "Not going to happen."

❺❾

They finally got to the place he was taking her. And that was the top of the hill where the Hollywood sign stood. Harrison parked at the very edge of the road as they looked over the sign and all of Los Angeles.

She was blown away. "I've lived in this area for so long and I've never been up here."

"It's a first for both of us."

Harrison got out and she followed. He left the radio on and all the windows rolled down enough that the dogs could look out. Then he spread a blanket over the hood and hopped up.

Carrie took his hand and allowed him to help her up and onto his lap. "This is beautiful," she admitted, still flabbergasted by the view.

He pulled her into his chest while kissing the top of her head. "We should do this every night."

"Just wait till we get back to North Carolina. I have a few places to show you."

They watched the sunset with Carrie sitting on his lap with both of his arms wrapped around her and his head rested on the top of hers. As the sun reflected on the top of the mountain, Carrie pulled out her phone to take a picture.

"Take your sunglasses off."

Harrison did as told. She then flipped his Panthers hat backwards. "Smile."

He ignored her this time and kissed her cheek as she took the picture. "Now I think that's Instagram worthy."

"You think so?"

"Yes ma'am."

Carrie posted the photo on Instagram and tagged him in it. Ever since the media found out about the two of them, he posted a picture of them and suddenly she was gaining thousands of followers. As soon as she posted the picture, people began to like it and comment adorable things.

Including Harrison. He commented "love you," and a ton of people liked his comment.

She turned around and kissed him. It was a deep and passionate kiss. "I love you," he attempted to whisper mid kiss.

"I love you too."

❺❾

After the sunset, they moved to the backseat, moved the dogs to the front seats, and kissed. Harrison hovered above her as he slid his fingers under her waistband.

She wrapped her arms around his neck and into his hair as they kissed again. "You sure you want to do this here?"

Carrie had a wicked grin plastered to her face. "We have tinted windows."

As he slipped her shorts down to her knees, he noticed a scar on the inside of her hip that he didn't notice before. "What's this from?"

"Alex."

Harrison looked at the scar intently. It was there because of Alex.

"Harrison?"

"He's going to get what he deserves."