106

Carrie was so happy to be home. The last two weeks had been a whirlwind for both her and Harrison. Getting to the Super Bowl, winning the Super Bowl, and Harrison being named MVP.

He immediately headed upstairs and went to bed after helping Carrie unpack. Everything was put away and their lives returned somewhat to normal. Of course, not everything would be completely normal after last night.

They also got their dogs back after having them spend a week with his parents. Gary and Wilson were both very excited to see their parents again.

Carrie cleaned up after eating a quick meal and headed upstairs to get ready for bed. She, like Harrison, was also beat from these last two weeks. Now that the adrenaline rush wore off, following the Super Bowl victory, both of them experienced reality in being extremely tired.

The hype started up again tomorrow when the Panthers had their Super Bowl parade through the city. Thousands of fans would crowd the streets of Charlotte for the parade.

After brushing her teeth and washing up, Carrie joined her fiancé and two dogs in bed. Gary and Wilson immediately showered her in doggy kisses as soon as she slipped under the covers next to Harrison.

"I missed you guys too."

Gary snuggled himself against Carrie's side opposite of Harrison, leaving Wilson to jump around and find a spot.

"Easy buddy, daddy's sleeping."

He totally ignored Carrie and jumped on Harrison who groaned. Wilson began sniffing him and licking his face. "Hi buddy."

Wilson then forced Harrison to turn on his side before licking him again. "I know you missed me. I missed you too."

He plopped himself right between Harrison and Carrie, mostly landing on his daddy and forcing him to move a little bit. "You are getting so big now."

Harrison threw his arm over Wilson and closed his eyes again. Meanwhile, Gary crawled over Carrie to squeeze himself between her and Wilson before she pulled the covers up.

"You two are adorable."

❺❾

The next afternoon Carrie sat beside Harrison in the back of their shared truck with Luke and Shannon as the parade begun. Harrison was wearing jeans, his Super Bowl jersey, and a black Panthers hat.

Carrie sat beside him holding the Lombardi Trophy. She was wearing jeans and a Panthers hat as well, but she wore his blue jersey from earlier this season.

They were the first car in the parade. Cam and Greg's car followed just behind. As they took the first right Harrison and Carrie usually took to the stadium every day, they saw thousands of fans lining the streets ahead.

Harrison and Luke both stood up in the back of the truck. "Harrison?"

He quickly turned around. "Yeah?"

"You might need this," she told him, handing the Lombardi Trophy to him.

He smiled as he took the trophy from her. "Thanks."

All of the fans began to cheer loudly as they made the first turn. Harrison switched the trophy from his right hand to his left hand, and together he and Luke raised the Lombardi Trophy to thousands of cheering fans.