81

Carrie yawned and stretched out. "I was wondering when you were going to wake up."

She opened her eyes to a pair of hazel eyes staring right back at her. His hazel eyes were going to be the death of her. Carrie loved his eyes. They were magnificent. And she took every opportunity to study their color.

Every time Carrie looked into his eyes, she found a new color, or noticed something she hadn't before. His eyes had a mixture of blue, brown, green, and a little bit of light yellow that made up the hazel.

His lips curled into a smile. "What?"

"Are you going to get up today?"

"Why? What time is it?"

"11:30," he answered casually. "The Giants and Cardinals game only starts in an hour and a half and Luke and Shannon are coming over. We have to get food ready too."

"I don't want to get up. Can't we just stay here and watch the game?"

He shook his head. "Come on. You can lay with me when the game starts."

"Five more minutes?"

Carrie really didn't want to move out of bed and head downstairs. That was because he had both arms around her, holding her close to his chest. And their faces were just inches apart.

His hazel eyes darted from hers to her lips. Then very slowly, he leaned forward a few inches and captured her lips with his. It was a passionate kiss.

She wrapped her arms around him as the kissed deepened. Why today? Why did their future opponent in next weekends game have to play today?

Carrie wanted him so badly right now. They rolled to the side so Carrie was now on her back. All of his weight pressed against her body as they kissed again. Her hands messed up his freshly combed hair as his found her hips.

Their lips slowly parted. She knew he wanted her just as badly by the way he looked at her. Then Harrison did the thing both of them had to do, but didn't want to.

He sat up, grabbed her hands as best as he could, and pulled her up into a sitting position. Harrison sat beside her and kissed her lips once again. "Later okay?"

She nodded. His freshly combed hair had been tousled all around by her hands. A little bit of brown hair was plastered to his forehead in a very cute and attractive way.

Why couldn't she have him right now?

"Our timing is absolutely horrible."

They both cracked smiles and laughed. "Later. I promise."

Harrison kissed her forehead and left their bedroom for her to get ready for the game, and the company that was coming over.

❺❾

Luke and Shannon arrived 15 minutes before the game was supposed to start. It was the first time Carrie had actually talked to Shannon since she first met Harrison last July.

Shannon had blond hair that was pulled back in a simple ponytail, just like Carrie's for today. And she didn't look like she could be any older than 21. But Harrison said she was finishing her degree in nursing and was in her 6th year of school. So she could only be a year or two younger than Carrie.

Luke and Shannon had the height difference just like she did with Harrison. He was so much taller than her.

They followed Harrison into the living room as Carrie came back with food that they loaded onto the coffee table until there wasn't room for anything else. As Harrison, Luke, and Shannon got settled in for the game, Carrie went to refill the tortilla chips that had already been eaten.

She was quickly checking her phone before taking the chips back into the living room when Shannon found her in the kitchen.

"Carrie?"

She hurried to finish chewing before turning to face Shannon.

"Shannon. It's nice to finally meet you."

They shook hands. "Luke told me that you and Harrison are expecting. Congratulations."

Carrie smiled while placing a hand on her belly. "Thank you."

"And I was wondering if you could help me with something?"

"Sure."

Shannon led her to the table where she sat down and pulled a small laptop from the bag she and Luke brought full of food.

"I have a semester finial for my nursing class. And for my project, I have to shadow a nurse and conduct an interview with them. I was wondering if these would be some good questions to ask, since you interview."

"I'll take a look at them."

"Thank you."

❺❾

After the first quarter, Harrison and Luke came in the kitchen to see Carrie helping Shannon with her project. "How's it going?"

"Good," they both answered.

"Hurry up and get done," Luke teased his girlfriend. "Then you two can come watch the rest of the game with us."

"Does this look good?"

Carrie looked over the question Shannon just spiced up with some of her advice. "It looks great."

"Thank you you so much. This has been a huge help."

"No problem. I'm glad I could help."

❺❾

Carrie and Shannon sat in between Harrison and Luke as the game concluded. It looked like they were going to be playing the Giants next weekend, as they just defeated the Cardinals.

"We got Odell and the Giants," Luke said aloud.

Harrison nodded. "This should be very interesting."