35

The Panthers took the field against the Patriots, following halftime. Harrison lingered a few seconds longer on the sidelines before jogging out to meet his teammates.

They were down 17-7 going into the third quarter. After scoring a touchdown to open the game, the Panthers gave way to Tom Brady and the Patriots to score 17 unanswered points.

Harrison was beyond frustrated. He was getting an earful from the defensive coordinator about the defense "not executing." They were letting Tom Brady pick apart the defense. He read every defensive setup and changed the play at the line to best them.

He stepped into the huddle to face 10 tired and defeated men. "We're not giving up are we?"

Luke and a few shook their heads, while the others simply looked at him. He pointed at the game clock. "We're not done until that hits 0."

Harrison pulled his new wristband up onto his forearm. The part currently visible was all the plays that the defense ran. He flipped it up in front of his teammates to reveal another card underneath. All week, he studied film on the Patriots offense and how they set up for every possible play. The second card was a diagram of how they set up on some of their most common plays Brady loved to run at the line.

"We all figured out by now Steve's calls aren't working anymore. Brady beat us at our game. Now it's our turn to beat him at his."

The huddle diminished and Harrison took his spot a few feet back from the line in his middle linebacker position. He carefully watched the position of the offensive lineman, tight ends, receivers, and running back. When the fullback moved behind the two tight ends, leaving just Brady and the running back in the backfield, he pointed to his left.

"Draw right!"

"David! Luke! Outside!"

David and Luke jogged around him to cover the two tight ends. The ball was snapped. And Harrison was right. The running back faked like he was going to run left, but cutback to the left, just as Harrison predicted. Luke and David opened a hole for him to cut through the offensive line and to the running back.

There was a crash as Harrison hit the running back. He hit him from the side as his helmet bumped his opponents. The running back was still moving forward, but not before Harrison picked him up off his feet and took him down for a loss of 6 yards.

Luke lifted him to his feet and smacked his helmet. "That's how it's done!"

Harrison jogged with Luke into the huddle. "LET'S GO!"

❺❾

It was close going into the final two minutes of the game. The Panthers were down 17-14. Only 3 points. And 1:59 left on the clock.

Harrison had no timeouts left to use as they set up for 2nd & 8. Tom Brady was always unpredictable. In this situation with the Pats up, they would normally be running the ball.

Not today. He recognized the pass play and pulled the linebackers and cornerbacks back into coverage. Meanwhile, he patrolled the line of scrimmage with the defensive lineman.

Brady caught the snap back in shotgun as Harrison backed into coverage. He saw the running back slip from the backfield out into midfield, with nobody on him.

The running back was wide open as Harrison neared. As he expected, Brady threw a short pass to the running back. Just as the ball touched the running backs hands, Harrison's arms wrapped around him. He led with his shoulder and tried to force the ball out, but couldn't.

He landed on the running back just short of the first down marker. As he and the Panthers defense hurried up to get back in position Harrison read another pass play. He quickly changed plays at the line and sent everyone back into coverage, himself included.

Tom Brady had never been fooled this bad in his life. He targeted the tight end Rob Gronkowski, and threw a perfect spiral deep midfield. The throw was perfect, except for the fact that number 59 in all white jumped up and intercepted it. He wasn't supposed to be down there.

As soon as Harrison's feet hit the turf, he was gone. He tucked the football in his right forearm against his body and sprinted by the offensive lineman that were closest to him. Luke ran on his left side. He blocked Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman to give Harrison a straight shot to the end zone.

The only person between Harrison and the promise land was Tom Brady. He made quick work of Brady, using his strength to overcome Brady's by stiff arming him and pushing him to the turf with his left arm.

He was left to step into the end zone for a touchdown to lead the Patriots 21-17 with ten seconds left in the game. Harrison spiked the ball as Luke, David, Thomas, and a few other guys joined him in the end zone.

❺❾

The Panthers completed the upset victory by stopping the Patriots to end the game. Harrison and the rest of the team jogged onto the field. They upset the defending Super Bowl champions.

Brady found Harrison in the midst of players. He patted his shoulder. "Great game today."

"Thanks. You too."

"You made a hell of an interception. I had no idea you'd be out there."

"I figured when I saw your face just before I knocked you on your ass."

Both guys shared a laugh. "Jersey swap?" Brady asked.

"Sure."

It was something players often did. Harrison pulled his white jersey over his head as Brady did the same and found a sharpie. He signed his jersey before handing the sharpie off to Harrison to sign his. Then they swapped and stood together for a picture.

Again, sorry for the late update. I was at my cousins birthday party getting my butt kicked at ping pong.