67

Carrie had someone cover her shift on the sidelines taking pictures as she took the afternoon off and sat in the booth with both their families. It was the first time she got to really meet Harrison's mom and dad, as well as her first time meeting his brother Terrance.

She spent more time getting to really know his family. Chris and Dorothy were great people, and it was obvious they did an amazing job raising Harrison into the man he was today.

Meanwhile, it was her mother Debbie's first time at a NFL game. As she refilled her glass of water and brought Terrance some wine, Todd explained the big rule differences between college and NFL games to their mom.

She joined Chris, Dorothy, and Terrance outside the booth. Handing Terrance the glass of wine, Carrie found a seat next to him.

"Not drinking today?"

Carrie shook her head. "I don't really feel like it, and plus I'll have some things to work on after the game."

It was a little chilly this afternoon, forcing Carrie to run back inside and grab her Panthers jacket in addition to the jeans and Panthers hat she was already wearing.

It was also finally nice to talk to his parents outside of the tough circumstances she first met them under. As she sat back down, his dad Chris, asked how work was going.

"Pretty good. I took a job as the team photographer not that long ago."

"Harrison sends us plenty of pictures that you've taken."

"And I hear you're a pretty good artist too," his mom added.

"Yeah I draw a little bit in my free time."

"Your work is beautiful."

"Thank you."

They continued to chat, every so often stopping to watch a big play. The Panthers were taking it to the Buccaneers, and getting themselves set for their 15th win of the season.

Todd and Debbie sat down next to her. "How's Harrison?"

"Great. I actually practiced with him the other day."

"What did you do?" Todd asked.

"Well he worked on his footwork. I was the running back and he tackled me."

"He tackled you?" Debbie asked.

Carrie nodded. "Don't worry mom, it didn't hurt. He knows what he's doing. Honestly, it was a lot of fun and I'd do it again sometime."

Then Todd asked, "what do I do to get him to tackle me?"

The three of them just laughed.

❺❾

Carrie and the rest of her family were here in North Carolina to witness one of the biggest brawls in football in a long time.

She didn't blame Harrison at all.

He closed in on the Buccaneers running back. As he was just about to bring him down for a tackle, at the last second, the running back jumped to hurdle Harrison.

There was no way he was going to clear Harrison. Instead, he came up short, and pretty much kicked Harrison right in the face. Harrison caught the running back with his cleat still stuck in his mask.

Harrison then threw him to the ground. He tossed the running back like a doll. He hit the ground in a heap.

A flag was thrown after Harrison threw him to the ground. Then a few of the Buccaneers players came running over. Harrison and one of the offensive lineman went at it. Just then, the lineman threw a punch at him that bounced off his face mask.

Harrison decked him as well, tackling him to the ground and getting a few shots in. Both benches emptied. Carrie could see Luke get in there having Harrison's back and get a couple good shots in before he was restrained.

The refs dug Harrison out from the pile. He still had his helmet on which was a good sign. The running back and the lineman however, didn't look so good. He got both of them, and they both had blood running down the sides of their faces.

He would probably get ejected again. Although it would be pretty controversial if he did. First, he wasn't the one that kicked anyone in the face. And second, he didn't throw the first punch. He was allowed to defend himself.

❺❾

After the game, they all met in the locker room. Harrison didn't get ejected from today's game. The running back and the lineman that punched him did.

He was at his locker unstrapping his shoulder pads when she walked up behind him. Harrison was out there longer than most players. It was only him, Luke, and three other players left in the locker room.

"Thanks for having my back," he told Luke.

"No problem. You would've done the same for me."

Then he smiled. "We got a few good shots on them."

Harrison smiled as well. "We did."

Carrie smacked the back of his shoulder pads that he still had yet to take off. He turned around. "Hey sweetheart."

She gave him a quick kiss. "I guess that punching bag has been playing off."

"It definitely has. I got a few good shots."

"I saw."

Carrie wasn't surprised that he messed up another two guys faces. She would've done the same thing if she were in his position. And she definitely wouldn't want to take Harrison on in a fight. He was pretty intimidating when he was angry. It wasn't his height, it was the fact that he was so strong. He was built. Going up against him wasn't such a good idea.

"I don't even know how you could rush to your teammates defense in that situation," he told her. "There was no reason for him to try and hurdle me."

"Well you taught them a lesson."

"I sure did."