99

Harrison crawled into bed, wearing sweatpants and his grey Eat the Bear long sleeve shirt. It was from a camp he and a few of the guys put on last summer.

Carrie sat under the covers beside Gary and Wilson with one of his long sleeve shirts on and a Panthers blanket wrapped around herself.

"A little cold?" He asked peering over her phone on all fours.

She nodded. "Slide over a little bit." Carrie did, giving him enough room to slip under the covers next to her.

"What are you looking at?"

Harrison held out his hand for her to place her phone in. She was looking at baby clothes and supplies. On another page was a crib and ideas for the spare room they were going to turn into the baby's room.

"Are we going to wait to see if it's a boy or girl, or find out as soon as we can."

"I was thinking we shouldn't wait," she answered. "It's our first child and that way we can be prepared. You know what I mean?"

He nodded. Harrison knew exactly what she meant. By finding out the gender of the baby at about 5 months into her pregnancy, they could prepare for a boy or girl. That included going shopping for clothes, and painting the room. And even getting toys.

"What are you going to do about your job when the baby comes?" It was the first time either of them discussed this.

"I don't know. I can't really take maternity leave. My maternity leave would be half the season because the baby's due date is around the middle of September."

"Maybe I should just retire," he blurted out.

"No."

Carrie wasn't going to let him give up the rest of his career. Harrison was only 27 and played for 7 years. He had another 7 or more years left in his career. And if he did retire to help with the baby, he would be miserable. Carrie knew her fiancé and he wouldn't willingly stop playing football until he physically couldn't anymore.

"My mom mentioned something about moving to North Carolina near us. I know she'd love to help and babysit her grandchild."

She placed a gentle hand on his cheek. "We have 8 months to figure this out."

He leaned back on the pillow next to her and stole some of the Panthers blanket she'd been using to keep warm. "I want some of this too."

Carrie leaned back and turned on her side, facing away from him. She knew he would move to form himself around her back, just as he had done. His arm was under hers and his hand rested on her body.

"I can't wait until we have this little boy or girl."

"Me too Harrison. This baby's going to be one of the best things that ever happened to me."

"What are the others?"

"Meeting you. Soon to be marrying you."

He smiled one of his infamous lopsided grins she'd grown to love as soon as they met. "I love you."

His hand was now on her side and his fingers against her bare skin tickled. She giggled. "I love you too."

Harrison continued to tickle her. She tried to roll out of his grasp but couldn't. "Harrison!" More giggling. "Stop! It tickles!"

He let her go and pressed his lips to hers. Harrison still got that electric feeling every time they kissed, since the day they first met.

Carrie yawned as soon as he ended the kiss, getting him to smile. "Goodnight sweetheart."

"Goodnight Harrison. I love you so much."

He rested his head on the pillow just behind hers. "I love you even more," he whispered into her ear.

There was no response. Harrison smiled to himself and let his eyes flutter closed.