94

Panthers fans were up bright and early to wish their Panthers good luck one last time. Harrison and Carrie arrived at the stadium where they and the rest of the players and their families would be taken to the Charlotte airport.

They unloaded their things from his truck in the players parking lot. Harrison carried most of the bags while Carrie had a few of the smaller ones and Gary and Wilson on leashes.

The dogs were being so good for them as they made their way through the roped off path and to the team buses that would take them to the airport. After getting the dogs and everything else settled on the bus, Harrison ran inside to make sure he grabbed everything.

Carrie heard him come out. The familiar 'HARRISON' chant filled the air. He gave one last wave before joining her on the bus.

❺❾

Pretty soon they were at the airport. There were fans here as well cheering as the buses unloaded and the two planes were loaded. They were taking three planes in all. One for the players and their families. The other for all of the practice equipment, and the owners were taking their own private jet.

Carrie followed Harrison and all their bags that weren't stuffed under the plane up and into it. They were the first on the plane. He kept going until they found their seats.

"I call window."

Harrison stepped aside and let her and the dogs in. Then he came and sat next to her.

As other players boarded, Harrison and Carrie figured out there was enough room between the seats for Gary and Wilson to lay comfortably. He happily let his German Shepherd jump down on the floor while Gary preferred to stay on her lap.

A few minutes later Luke and Shannon joined them in their row. He sat next to Harrison while Shannon took the last seat closest to the isle.

"How's your head man?"

Luke smiled. "It's doing good."

Wilson took the opportunity to get to know Shannon. Soon Gary was crawling across both Harrison and Luke's laps to see Shannon as well. She was now petting both Wilson and Gary.

"Luke, we should get a dog."

Luke was now petting Gary. "I want a German Shepherd," Shannon told him.

Gary didn't seem to pleased by that. His tongue stuck out the side of his mouth and his head tilted to the side. His eyes were closed a little bit in a stare with Shannon.

Then Shannon started to pet him. "We can get a French Bulldog like Gary too."

Harrison nudged Luke's shoulder with a beaming smile. "Your girl knows what she wants."

He playfully rolled his eyes.

❺❾

Carrie loved looking out the window as the plane flew over woods, fields, and lakes. The low clouds passing by almost put her to sleep.

She leaned against Harrison's shoulder. It was a few seconds before he moved his arm and put it around her. He and Luke were studying film of the Steelers offense.

They were talking about the Steelers two primary running backs, Le'Veon Bell, and James Connor. Carrie listened to them talk about the video the were watching on James Connor. Then she watched as he juked out a few Browns defenders.

"We just gotta watch him on the play action pass. He sneaks out of the backfield quick."

Then Harrison kissed the top of her head, waking her up a little bit. "Tired?"

She nodded. They were only in the first 45 minutes of their 3 hour flight. "We'll be there soon."

Harrison gently moved her to place his jacket in between her and the armrest. "You can lean on me."

Carrie accepted the invitation as she leaned against his shoulder. "I'll show you around the stadium when we get there."

She nodded again as his strong arm once again found its place around her shoulders as she closed her eyes.

This was supposed to come earlier but I was writing my entire group project for AP English because no one else decided to do any work.