56

Harrison and Carrie sat in the living room of Luke's home. "He's taking forever," Carrie complained.

He looked up briefly from his phone. "That's Luke Kuechly for you."

Harrison turned his attention back to his phone. The engagement photo he posted on Instagram last night was still blowing up with likes and congratulations. Cam took it. He was down on one knee with the ring in his hand at midfield in Bank of America Stadium while she stood in front of him with her hands covering her mouth.

Carrie did not expect him to propose again. That was his original plan to either propose to her on the field or in Chicago. He decided on Chicago, but wasn't able to do it because of his concussion. She deserved so much more than a little bedroom proposal.

Luke came out from his bedroom. "Does this look good?"

Harrison looked at Carrie who gave her nod of approval. He was wearing a flannel long sleeve shirt with jeans. "Looks good."

He was finally going to talk to Shannon tonight. After a lot of pressure from the two of them, and thinking about it for a while, Luke decided to try and win his girlfriend back.

The two of them got up. "Let's go."

❺❾

The entire ride to her house, Luke was shaking. He was so nervous that he made Harrison drive him while Carrie followed in her Jeep.

"You're going to do fine Luke. Just remember what Carrie said."

"I'll try."

The truth was, Luke didn't avoid talking to Shannon because he was scared to, he didn't because he liked Carrie in a way he shouldn't.

He would never admit it to anyone, not even his best friend Harrison. He had no idea how Harrison would react to it. And he definitely didn't want to end up like Alex.

Luke didn't know how he developed those kind of feelings for Carrie. He was quite ashamed of them. She loved Harrison. And she had just gotten engaged to him. He couldn't have her.

After getting over his crush on Carrie, Luke decided he was ready to talk to Shannon. He waited until he was over Carrie so his conflicted feelings wouldn't get in the way of him and Shannon.

Now after moving on from a girl he couldn't have, he decided to get Shannon back. He still loved her even though she was with another man. She could make him happy if she came back. Carrie couldn't.

"You ready?"

Luke didn't even notice Harrison stopped the car right in front of Shannon's house. "No."

"You can do it."

With that being said, Harrison tossed him his keys and started walking in the direction of Carrie's Jeep parked just down the street.

❺❾

Carrie pulled up a little bit as Luke walked up the front steps of Shannon's house. "Do you think he can do it?"

"He looked a little nervous but I think so."

They watched him ring the doorbell and Shannon answer. Carrie rolled her window down and they listened in.

The talk went on for a half hour before Luke asked, "will you take me back?"

"Yeah."

Shannon said she missed him a lot, but having him be gone most of the time was a little hard to handle. Luke agreed but also insisted he'd try to make more time for her by cutting down on some of his workouts and studies.

Then they kissed getting Harrison and Carrie to gasp. "I did not see that coming tonight."

Luke deepened the kiss, taking a few steps inside and kicking the front door closed. "Damn."

Carrie gave Harrison a high five. "That's a job well done."