90

Harrison couldn't be more pumped up for today's game against the Cowboys. He jogged onto the field with the defense after the kickoff.

As the Cowboys offense was in their huddle to open the game, Harrison gave all of the defenders high fives. "Let's kick some ass today!"

The Cowboys were ready. He stood his ground only a few yards back from the line of scrimmage. "Hey 4-3!" He shouted to the defense.

There were three Cowboys wide receivers, meaning there would be a good chance of a pass play. Harrison set the defense up in a deep zone coverage. He then pointed over towards Luke. "Don't let him get by you!"

"I got you," Luke answered back just as the ball was snapped.

Harrison backpedaled into his zone. Just then, the Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott, dumped a pass of to their number one receiver Dez Bryant. The ball was caught just in front of Harrison as he closed in and about two yards short of another first down. Harrison hit him hard, his shoulder hitting Bryant's side. The two landed next to each other 5 yards short of the first down marker.

Thomas and Luke helped him to his feet. "You sure knocked him down."

Harrison smiled. "Nobody's getting past me today."

The very next play, the Cowboys passed again. As Harrison covered his man, their tight end Jason Witten, he saw Julius get a hand in the air and tip the pass.

It was a floating duck up in the air. As it came down, Harrison, who couldn't turn and run to go catch it, watched as Luke caught it on the way down. He had one foot on the ground and the other was about to touch when he got blasted by Dez Bryant. The ball fell to the ground and was secured by Harrison.

A few of the Panthers defenders weren't happy about the shot Luke just took. Bryant could've avoided hitting Luke like he did, or hit him lower instead of aiming for his shoulders and head.

Luke hadn't moved since he got blasted. As a little fight broke out between the two teams, Harrison knelt down and placed a hand on his back.

"Luke?"

There was no answer. "Hey man. You alright?"

He had to be out cold. Now Harrison was really getting worried. But suddenly Luke moved his arms and turned his head. "Hang on, Ryan's coming."

A flag was also thrown on the play for the receiver Dez Bryant hitting a defenseless player. There was no way Luke could've avoided that.

Slowly, Luke turned to lie on his back. Then with the help of Harrison, he sat up as Ryan and the rest of the training staff arrived. "I just got drilled."

Harrison gave him a small smile of encouragement. "Yeah you did."

He patiently waited beside Luke as the trainers checked him out. Luke said he wasn't in any pain and he didn't look out of it like he may have a concussion.

"I want to go back in," he told the training staff who quickly answered with no's.

"We need to check you out for a possible concussion," he was told.

Harrison helped him to his feet. "Go get checked out. We got this."

Luke patted his shoulder before he was escorted to the sidelines with the training staff.

❺❾

The Panthers were up 14-0 the next time Harrison and the defense stepped onto the field. Cam led the offensive down the field to score a touchdown after Luke's interception. And their special teams was able to recover a fumble and return it for a touchdown.

They had heard from the training staff about Luke. He tested negative for a concussion, but was ruled out for the rest of the game for precautionary measure. He was on the sidelines helping their defensive coordinator feed plays to Harrison on the field.

The Cowboys ran the ball. Their running back Ezekiel Elliot ran right up the middle and right into Thomas who took him down for a yard gain.

Harrison ran over and helped Thomas up. "Thomas Davis is back! LETS GO!"

They tried a short pass play. Dak Prescott dumped another short pass to Dez Bryant. It had been a curl route so as he spun to run forward, he was met by Harrison.

Harrison blasted him, as he had done to Luke. The impact took Dez Bryant off his feet and the two of them fell back a few yards where Harrison landed on him. He was a little slow to get up. But after all, he'd just been blasted by the best linebacker in the game.

This time Thomas helped him to his feet. "And that's why they're afraid to run over the middle."