69

Harrison and Carrie cuddled up on the couch after learning she was pregnant. And she was freezing.

Carrie wedged herself between him and the side of the couch with two blankets covering them. She was wearing sweatpants and a sweatshirt.

He was trying his best to keep her warm. "Do you want me to go restock the fire? And get it going a little more?"

They were sitting on the couch closest to the fireplace and the fish tank above.

"Sure."

Harrison started to sit up when she stopped him. "Actually don't, you're keeping me warm."

"Here try this. Why don't you sit on my lap? Then tuck your feet in the blankets against the couch."

She did as he suggested. And sure enough, over the next couple minutes, he warmed her up a lot.

"There we go," Harrison whispered as he ran his hands up and down her arms. "I just don't know how you're so cold."

Carrie shrugged. "I guess I just am."

She felt his fingers lace with hers. "Damn your hands are cold."

"Sorry."

"Don't be sorry. That's what you have me for. To warm you up."

Carrie leaned back so her head rested on his shoulder. "This was so not planned," she admitted.

He kissed her cheek. "It was planned. Just not this early."

"What do you want it to be?" She asked.

His chin was now rested on the top of her head. "To me, it doesn't matter as long as we have a healthy baby."

"Although, I can see us having a little boy that looks just like you with curly hair and your eyes."

"Is that my cue I need a haircut?" Harrison asked with a smile.

"Yeah sometime before my mom leaves. Because she wants to do those engagement pictures."

When his hair got really long as it was now, it started to get a little curly towards the ends. "And I have a really good idea."

"What's that?"

"You know how my mom really wants to do our engagement pictures?" He nodded a yes. "And we're doing them at the field."

"Yeah."

"Well I was thinking we could reveal my pregnancy during our shoot. You would stand beside me wearing your jersey and I'd be on the other side and together we'd be holding a baby jersey with your name and number on the back."

"I'd love that."

Then he thought of another idea. "We could do one where I threw a football to you and it had the date of our wedding on it."

"When are we going to have our wedding?"

Harrison shrugged. "Whenever you want to have it."

"Could we shoot for the end of February? Before I get really big?"

"We can do that."

Carrie leaned back against his chest and felt his hands resting on her belly. "When will we be able to feel our baby?"

"Soon."

She felt him gently press his lips to her neck. "I have everything I ever wanted. A career as a professional football player, you, and now we're having a baby."

He slid his hands out from under the blanket and picked up the picture she gave him that was rested on the side of the couch. "I can't believe we're having a baby."

Both of them jumped when they heard a "WHAT!?"

Harrison and Carrie looked up to see both his parents coming down the stairs. His mom, the one who scared them came flying down the stairs and ripped the picture out of Harrison's hands.

"Did I hear you right?"

They both nodded with smiles plastered across their faces. Then Dorothy broke out in smiles while looking at Carrie's sonogram picture.

"You guys are having a baby?"

Harrison and Carrie both nodded again. Then Dorothy started crying. "I'm going to be a grandmother."

"Don't tell Debbie yet. We're going to surprise her just like we were going to do for you guys."

"The secrets safe with me."